Sinister: FAME... at last!

Hugo Johan <12813249 at xxx.za> Hugo Johan <12813249 at xxx.za>
Wed Dec 29 13:37:43 GMT 2004

hi people (again)
gosh, you must be getting tired of me now, but guess what?
right behind me, borne steaming upon a silver platters with potatoes on the side, and to be washed down with a piquant little burgundy, i have... CONTENT!
well, inasmuch, at least, as i'm about to mention the list on the list...
for those of you who are familiar with it, we've been mentioned on pitchforkmedia! (for those of you who are not, it is a very earnest - though i have to say, very good, i think - musicreview site which, to use the slogan of my sadly shortlived club-night "has been promoting musical snobbery since..." okay, so i don't know when, but you get the drift.
anyway, they've just doen their top 50 of the year, and in their little bit on the Concretes album (sorry Astrid!) there's the following line:
"This Swedish collective's previous release-- 2000's EP compilation Boy You Better Run Now-- is passable indie pop; no doubt a decent seller at Parasol or Darla but unlikely to even have made appearance on Sinister tape trees"
YAY FOR US! that's what i say! (is scott plagenhoef a member? i've been so bad, i've kindof lost track...)

which also reminds me: marc bots! well well well - it's great to see you're still around here too - i was wondering... hope all is well! and thanks to everyone who've sent xmas greetings. i like warm fuzzy feelings, and i've been getting plenty of those lately...
well, love to you all... can you feel the excitement of a new year building in the air? or is it just me?
let me wish each and every one of you a good one anyway!
again - lots of love
JohaN

ps. anders - thank you SO SO SO SO MUCH! your present was lovely! will mail you off-list soon to say thanks properly, and to introduce myself properly. (also everyone else to whom i really really really must and want to write to)