Sinister: i was looking good on the day that you fell for the way i looked

rrrrobyn rfadden at xxx.com
Mon Feb 2 05:56:48 GMT 2004

be-scarved masses, hello:

so it snowed in london, did it? yeah, it snowed here too. *every day
for days and days*. sometimes i dream about seeing the grass or
feeling a pleasant breeze, but hey, it's my second winter in montreal
and the crazy thing is that i don't mind it this time around. yeah,
it's cold and the wind (-40 does not a pleasant breeze make) can
sometimes make your head feel like a melon about to shatter, but,
y'know, it eventually ends and you feel a bit proud for making it
through. i also cheered myself up before christmas with a really nice
new hat, and my christmas xchange santa-girl katie sent me a lovely
baby-blue scarf :) hurrah!

i was just playing the 'i'm a cuckoo' game. it is hard and my
patience does not seem to extend to video games anymore. maybe this
is because i'm now 29 years old! (i had a Twin Peaks party! it was
great! coffee, pie, doughnuts, weirdness!) at least i know that i'm
still good at having parties, staying up late and drinking to
excess... originally, my new year's resolution was to not drink (as
much/often) and then i switched it to something else, which i've now
forgotten. probably because of all the drinking. (haha. er.)

will there be another Tigermilking or something 'indie' when i come
to London? hint hint please please. i'm there from March 31 to April
20. and even if there isn't a Tigermilking, I hope there is a
getting-togethering so that I might see some people again and some
for the first time - yes, i'm talkin' to you. it would be nice.

i might also need to sleep on your couches/floors for a night or two
because the friend i'm to stay with will have a new baby and i kinda
would like to give her and her husband some space if needed. *also*,
my brother will be in london april 2-5! i haven't seen him in almost
2 years, so that's exciting. um, and i told him i'd ask around here
if anyone would like to put up a cute, young canadian thang for a
couple nights. would you? he's great. if only we weren't such *poor*,
cute, young canadian thangs, we wouldn't need to ask for such help
and could just have posh hotel rooms. alas... oh, and you'd have
places to stay in both vancouver and montreal if you ever wanted to
visit the best two cities in canada. (i can hear s.kado from here:
"torontopia!" and i say: "no.")

i still can't quite believe i'm headed overseas in two months - i'm
all caught up in school (as usual) and things. no boyfriend anymore,
but hey, it's actually for the better. i've been writing a lot about
cosmetic surgery, bodybuilding and fashion. will the thesis be done
by august? probably not, but i'm not too worried. i heart school. my
name is robyn and i want to do a phd. eegh.

ah, they just played some stereolab on the radio and i realized that
i haven't listened to stereolab in a while. in fact, i haven't even
noticed it on my cd shelves, my eyes apparently just pass over those
*several inches of stereolab cds* every time i look for something to
listen to. what is wrong? i adore stereolab. perhaps i need a better
way to organize my cds? none of this silly alphabetical stuff.
something better, a *system* better than the alphabet... i love
systems. i need some medication.

also, after the stereolab song, a guy on the radio said he worked in
a cafe called 'java the hutt'. in kansas. haha. ha. puns. it's almost
as good as the hair salon i saw just outside london called 'curl up
and dry'. which reminds me: i haven't punned around on #sinister for
some time now. must visit.

ohmygod, there's a new mountain goats cd. aaah! love. so much love.

i love the system that is sinister.
r o b y n

here is something: http://apoemabouteverything.blogspot.com
(i don't know.)

=====
I was reading the dictionary. I thought it was a poem about everything. ~Steven Wright
~~~
Robyn Fadden    rfadden at yahoo.com    Montreal, QC