Sinister: fans elderly

Rachel Playforth R.Playforth at xxx.uk
Fri Feb 6 09:32:42 GMT 2004

Is it a little disheartening to read that Froggy thinks we are all about 45
years old?  Or does it just mean we are the home of maturity on the
interweb?  The last few sinister meetups I can recall suggest that the
latter is far from true, actually.

What a nice post by the way Froggy.

So, it's 8.55am and I'm at work.  But not working, yet.  I felt odd and
Friday-ish today, so I have dressed in my least professional outfit and I
even put on MAKEUP which happens about once a year.  I got lots for
Christmas (thanks to Ruth of this parish for some of it) so I have to
experiment really.  There is stuff that you put on your eyelids that is
kind of shiny, and really fat pencil things that I haven't worked out yet,
and mascara and nail varnish and lip gloss which even I can manage.

I have also had an unusually B&S filled morning really - listening to them
on the bus on the way to work and singing along in my head to She's Losing
It and Get Me Away From Here (I haven't put any new stuff on MD yet) while
watching the other inhabitants of my top deck.  I get very upset if I can't
sit on the top deck, mostly because I need advance warning via a bird's eye
view of when my stop is or I always think I'll miss it.  Despite it being
heralded by everyone else getting off.

I also discovered the new badgies that Matt got me at the Brighton show in
a box and thought I'd be extra-studenty by adorning myself and my bag with
them.  So that was fun.

By the way (months late as usual), I think DCW is a great album.  I am not
too keen on Piazza New York Catcher (a player also referenced by The West
Wing though, my favourite programme of recent years) and Wrapped Up in
Books sounds like Cliff Richard.  But other that that, rocking.  Also I got
Fans Only for Xmas and that is pretty fun too.

I want it to be summer.  Or at least spring.  It hasn't been picnic season
for far too long.  As soon as I see even a SQUARE of sunshine on my
blighted  so-called garden I will rally round and have some kind of
Brighton beachnic as usual.  Though as I am effectively an old married
woman now I can't promise the debauchery of old...

I have to go back to labelling videos now.  I swear to god, as soon as I
get my MA I'm out of this bloody job faster than a sneeze.  I spent
yesterday afternoon wrestling with an antiquated German comb-binding
machine and I think it won.  Grrr.

Well, I've enjoyed putting my head over the parapet.  Be good, Tanyas.  And
the rest of you.

love Archel xxx

PS. I am rubbish at the I'm A Cuckoo game.