Sinister: Valentine, snobs and nerds

Froggy Frogh kermit_the_frogh at xxx.com
Sat Feb 7 19:08:17 GMT 2004

Hello

Reading through my previous post, it’s rather hard to believe I got the
highest grade in English. I mean really: I can’t separate between past and
present, not even in one word. My added comment was right what a goofy post.
I sounded good in my head though. Yeah, I make up stories and things in my
head which sound really great but when they end up printed they just sound

Silly, or rather nerdish. Well it doesn’t matter really, because you will
probably never see me. The chance is like 1000/9 000 000 000. Look – isn’t
that nerdish or what? Or should I use geeks?
Well that is probably a description of me if you ask one of the like
thousand people in my school that don’t know me. Not that it’s hard to get
laboured as a nerd – just be smarter than the cool people, which is not very
hard. Oh, there are cool people everywhere. Like revenge us, my friends and
me, call them snobs and joke about they’re expensive jackets and sweaters
and about they way they talk. Snob is another quite interesting thing
really. The thing no one is, or at least very few. If you ask the snobbiest
person you could imagine the person probably will deny it and point out
another person that is much more snob than him. Either that or he will say
with a proud tone that he is a true snob. Or she. Girls are much as snobs as
boys, really. Or more.

Here the snow is beginning to disappear, making place for grey, rainy sad
days. It soon will be Valentine’s Day. Yehoo! Another time for the world to
prove that there is not a non-family girl who likes me. This time it’s even
worse. They’re going to sell flowers which you give to a person that you
like, and its will be very noticeable whom nobody like. How extraordinary
fun.

That’s why some of the Belle and Sebastian way of living is so healthy,
knowing that you are not alone being a simple quiet boy. Oh, now you know
that as well, but I think you have guessed it already. But really, no. Belle
and Sebastian is not the quiet boy type. More like
were-older-than-we-like-to-think-but-have-fun-anyway type. Why does nobody
notice ordinary boys? Why is there none, or at least so few fair songs about
us? Well, I guess the answer is that were not exiting. Living an ordinary,
sadly loveless life doesn’t make a text, does it? “It was a simple calm boy,
who never done a ting at all exiting---- The love life stood still” How’s
that for a line? Huh?

Well at least they’re good for the ears. Belle and Sebastian that is. Like
honey for a sore throat
As speaking above of thinking letters in the head- I have been carrying a
vision of a T-shirt in my head. Do you like to hear? Well you don’t really
have a choice do you? It’s like a black background and then it says with
green letters, circling up to the half of the T-shirt “The Boy With The Arab
Strap” with flourish letters and below, in smaller letters “The text on the
T-Shirt does not refer to the person wearing it, by the way”. How’s that,
huh?

Oh, now I’m going for some tea. See you, or rather we won't se each other.
Well have good time anyway.

Froggy

PS. Did I say anything about Erykah Badu? I DID mean it.

[Reading through this post, my first seems almost good. What a jolly world]