Sinister: hideous self-promotion and a wee bit of other things.

a.s.t.r.i.d at xxx.com a.s.t.r.i.d at xxx.com
Wed Feb 11 09:58:00 GMT 2004

Yo,

 This will be a short post, because the content is more egocentric that usual, it
is, ah!, to promote my band. This is NOT list abuse, oh no. If you think right
about now "F**k Astrid's band!" then move down a wee bit or change the mail
you're reading.

  SO. Kit had to go from kit to kat. There was a The Kit. From Sweden. We like
Kat too. It was the K and the T that was important. Not that we'll be able to get
over how much we loved Kit and how it was probably some horrible crap band that
took our name. Argh. Well, ok, they've probably had it for a while. But still. We
were so happy...
So Kat it is. Our demo called Rollerskating Fool is being recorded, but still
only one song finished, we'll probably take the holiday in week 9 to finish it
up... Anyways... what I wanted to see was to take a little survey here to see how
many people were actually interested in getting one? It would work so that you'd
send me an empty CD, I'd burn the demo and put in the sort-of-inlay-card and send
it back. i think that's the best way, but if anyone else knows how to do that
stuff give us advice!

E-mails for us as Kat + interest in demo (I guess): noo_yak at rock.com
noo yak is the phonetic way for our favourite way of saying new york, buy the
way. A bit like Jesse Malin.

Other things:
-During my time in the computer room, I got sent a Westlife Valentine's card with
music blurting out and Shane (apparently) looking at me with dreamy eyes. I was
not sure how to react. So I laughed.
-Froggy is my new best Swedish sinisteree! Not that I had any before... but
still. A very nice young man!
-Anders: a letter is on its way. I am horrible. I am sorry. x
-I only had class for 50 minutes today, so I've been free to go since 9:30, and
yet I am here. I just know that I can't go home yet, I'll be bored before the
Days of Our Lives is on.
-I went to our city library (or what the hell it's called - public library I
guess), the big one in Stockholm yesterday. I'd never been there before,
strangely, seeing as I love reading so much, but I went there and thought I had
died and come to heaven, it was gorgeous and beautiful, not because of the books
or the fact that there were cute student indie boys everywhere, but the
architecture! I knew it was beautiful but it was just so stunning! I am smitten.
I'm going back today to see what their cd section is like.

Valentine's is a-comin'. As ever: I hate Valentine's Day. I hate not getting
roses. You can send then anonymously in school, you see.
Argh.
Oh well.
It's just the price you have to pay for being in a small school and being
considered a big "weird" and "having my own style" for wearing Chuck Taylor's and
home-made t-shirts. Sigh. Will they ever learn? There are tons of us.

Take care,
and, er, have a nice day
Astrid x

Who would you rather be - Ted Danson or Kevin Costner?

Fab: Who the fuck is Ted Dancer?

Ted Danson.

Fab: Oh, Danson.

Nick: I think Ted Danson wears a toupee.
For up-to-the-minute music news, reviews and specials visit
http://www.nme.com

Get free e-mail (anyname at nme.com) now at http://www.nmemail.com

The sender of this e-mail is NOT an employee or associate of NME,
nme.com or any other IPC magazine.