Sinister: Happy Valentines Day and all that rot

Lesley Katzen lekatzen at xxx.com
Sun Feb 15 01:27:18 GMT 2004

Dear Sinister,

I actually shouldn't be complaining as a I actually
have a person to be my Valentine who is cooking a huge
roast from Trader Joe's in the kitchen right now.

I know I  haven't written much but I was inspired last
night after attending The Shins show with the man who
is currently making me a roast and my friend Richard.
Off topic, I danced a bit too feverishly last night in
bad shoes and made an ingrowing toenail much worse to
the point where if I touch anything to it the
slightest I involuntarily scream.
I've begun to having waking nightmare about toenail
removal and the aftermath.

I digress, I had finally gotten the "Fans Only" DVD
and was moved to tears many times in the 2 plus hours,
and laughter once when the man (who is making me a
roast, still, in the kitchen) says "How  is having
Trevor Horn producing your latest album not "Londoning
Up""?
Well well, they did have lovely coverage of bits of
the Coachella festival, didn't they?
So my friend Richard starts talking about The Cure
last night after the show (which he is apt to do,
often) and mentioned Coachella, and I brigtened
thinking of my American Ailines frequent flyer miles
and asked us all to put our hands in to further
explore the Coachella options.
We've called friends in L.A. who will join (and
drive!) and it seems as if we are halfway there, now
only until next paycheck do the tickets need to stay
available as I am very very broke (and will be again
after I purchase a two day pass).
It's really lovely because I didn't think I'd get to
see Belle and Sebastian again this year and little
things like listening and watching footage of the band
really remind me of how dear they are to me. Truly my
"favorite band of all time, in the whole world" a
title which was ironically once bestowed upon The
Pixies 12 years ago when I saw them at the Cameo
theater in Miami who are now (The Pixies) getting
billing over B&S (even if it is on a different day) to
which I say bah!, you can't go away for that long and
then get 2nd billing at a huge monstrous festival!,
but apparently they can.

I'm very excited and very hungry, and glad I can share
my enthusiasm (and terrible grammar) with the wall of
sinisterites out there.

Ciao,
Lesley