Sinister: Static Electricity

Stuart Flanagan stuartf1 at xxx.com
Wed Feb 18 16:09:12 GMT 2004

Er Robin, some of us would be listening to Belle &
Sebastian radio sessions if
1.  they were actually broadcast in my part of the
country (XFM)
2. they were actually broadcast on a frequency poeple
actually listen to (Virgin is still on MW where I am)
3.  I hadn't accidentally erased the session the
morning after I taped it (Radio 2).

Although I do agree with you that lately (or maybe
it's been always) this list has become less of a Belle
& Sebastian community and more of a personal diary
forum.

I would have thought new songs, radio sessions would
have sparked much opinion here, or even offers for
trading, but after posting a few requests here in the
past it seems those sort of messages get lost in
cyberspace.

So, some of us are still bothered, still very bothered
about their favourite band, but due to situations and
life in general, the opportunities to get enthusiastic
about things you cannot hear and not many folk seem
willing to share are becoming fewer.

And by the way - please don't anyone tell me about
some crappy streaming online version of the sessions -
the radio stations don't seriously expect those to be
listenable.  They are just there to remind you that
you should have been listening in the first place.

Stuart Flanagan
having a bad day :(