Sinister: Surrealism Begins At Home

Rob Lorenson rlorenson at xxx.net
Thu Feb 19 23:17:30 GMT 2004

Hmm... OK.... so I was drinking.

Huge amounts of freshly-squeezed lemonade.

Hmm... OK.... so I was flipping through a fairly recent copy of "Giant
Robot."  I had just returned from the record store, and was quite satisfied
with my fill of magazines, B&S Singles and heavily tattooed women.

Stop, Look and Listen came over the stereo, me hearing it for the first
time.  And, from over the fence next door, I hear some giggling.  So, I look
up and see a head and deep blue shirt bouncing up and down over the fence,
seemingly in sync with the music.  The neighbors had just bought a
trampoline, and the two younger brothers have been thoroughly enjoying it
EVERY SINGLE DAY.

I should have taped it, and made my own B&S video.  Forever preserve the
surrealism of the moment.  Maybe taped it all grainy-like, so it looks like
one of those cheesy ABC Afterschool specials from the 1970s.

I'm just waiting for the day when they figure out that they can have massive
amounts of fun bouncing *other* things on the trampoline, besides human
bodies.

Maybe then, I'll tape it.

Rob

P.S. I'm A Cuckoo (by the Avalanches) -- What the hell is that?  B&S meet
Hakuna Matata?  My Lord... I like the Lion King.  I like African music.  I
*love* B&S.  BUT NOT IN THE SAME FUCKING SONG!!!!  The Avalanches deserve a
prolonged sharp stick-poking for that.  Or repeated shocks with a Tazer.
:-P