Sinister: a play in four acts

kevin jackflaps clairk at xxx.edu
Mon Feb 23 06:44:11 GMT 2004

I think for introductions I'll just get right to what I want to say.

ACT I.
I got Fans Only in the mail the other day, only like a month after I
ordered it.  They were going to wait until the Shins album I ordered with
it got back in stock but I was all like "no, I think you should mail it to
me now!" and they were all "well, okay," and so I've been watching it all
week.  I think my favourite parts are the bits with Beans at Celtic Park,
and the Lazy Line Painter Jane video; now it's even more of my favourite
song, if that makes sense.  I haven't had the chance to see the whole thing
at once yet because I've been writing this BA thesis, but hopefully when
it's all done I'll have the chance to see it in full.  There are a lot of
things I'd like to do after I finish my thesis, like interacting with
others and seeing the outdoors again.

ACT II.
There will be plenty of seeing the outdoors for me when I am AT COACHELLA!
I just spent way more money than I probably should have on buying the
two-day pass, but I figure it's the last insane thing I can do before I
graduate from college and have to join the real world.  (That being the
real world of graduate school, of course, but library school just seems so
much different from what I've been doing.)  It will be the second time I've
seen Belle and Sebastian this school year, which I think is a pretty good
track record and makes up for the fact that I didn't see them last year.  I
mean, I guess.  At any rate, I think it would be fantastic if there were
some sort of coordination among the Sinisters who will be there.  I only
know in person like one of us, and I've been on the list for something like
a year and a half now so I feel out of some sort of loop.  Unfortunate!

ACT III.
I really like this Camera Obscura record a lot, and it might be the best
new record I've heard this year.  (I know strictly speaking it's not new,
but I didn't get to hear it until this month.)  I played about half of it
on my radio show last week, which I felt was my duty since no one else on
our station is playing it at all.  Philistines!  I think I'll have to play
the hell out of it again this Wednesday, as some sort of wonderful
retribution.

ACT IV.
I should probably get the new single but the way I am I think my friend
will get it first and then laugh at me because I spend all my money on
Ireland football jerseys instead.  But Roy Keane might come back!  I am
a-twitter.

-kevin jackflaps

http://www.jackflaps.net - a product of rural america

"You should never wear your best trousers while going out to fight for
truth and freedom."  -- Henrik Ibsen