Sinister: SXSW and other things....oh, hello again

Sebert26 at xxx.com Sebert26 at xxx.com
Tue Feb 24 02:17:17 GMT 2004

Hello from oklahoma

About four years ago I was on the sinister list. i met some interesting
people, and some of them sent me mix tapes w/o wanting some back. I always thought
that was nice. There was a lot of Clientele, and some Left Banke or something
on them. Fun.  Now I return b/c I only have class 6 hours a week, and work 20
hours a week. Lots and lots of free time, folks. I am not complaining. I am
very grateful. Anyway. Where I work, at the coffee shop equivalent of a certain
nation of mine which practices neo-imperialism....guess...they have begun to
include four or five tracks off DCW in regular rotation. As far as i know,
which isn't that much b/c that requires more care than i really want to care
about, these songs are being played at every damn coffee shop belonging to this
mega corp. I wonder how the band feels about the spreading around of their music
like this. My hometown kids, the Flaming Lips, have a song or two on
Mitsubishi ads on tv. Wayne still drives his old green Taurus, as far as I know, tho.

So, um, well. That's all. Nothing momentous to say. Enjoy whatever weather
you are having. It's balmy here. That means somewhere in the 50s or something,
with wind (as always) and sun. Or moon, as it's 8:30 pm.

If anyone is going to SXSW to see the Trash Can Sinatras play next month,
lemme know, cuz i am.

(P.S. Does anyone want to offer some special insight into Joyce's Ullyses? If
one composed a paper on the subject, and felt that the effort might be worth
something some day....well, here is your long awaited chance...perhaps
specifically regarding the corrolation to Homer?)

--Susan--

"Never advise anyone to go to war or to marry" - Spanish proverb