Sinister: no you don't travel light..

jule doggy dog chocolat at xxx.be
Sun Feb 29 22:17:38 GMT 2004

hello,

i'm going to paris for a few days starting from saturday march 6th.. there
is a belle and sebastian concert on the monday after and i really hope to
meet a couple of yous.. i'm a little scared of paris so if you read this and
live in the paris area please don't hesitate to contact me.. plize guette in
teutche..

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004, Mark Hester wrote :
> I'm going to Belgium at the end of next month. I'm visiting
> Brussels and Bruges having obtained a very cheap
> Eurostar ticket. According to Honey's
> list-everyone-by-domain-type list, there are 5 of you there,
> so maybe we could have a little sinister meet-up, though it'll
>  prolly be too cold for a picnic.....

sorry mark hester, i was not able to take part in saturday's meet-up in
brussels because that snowman contest kept me busy all day.. nevertheless,
as b&s related content is always appreciated, i will just lazily share with
you the echo i've just received from a fellow listee.. i hope he doesn't
mind..

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004, olivier wrote :
> hey jule,
>
> yesterday's meet-up went pretty well.. three belgians
> plus two special guests from the uk.. too bad you
> couldn't make it to brussels.. we first had dinner
> in an asian - was it vietnamese? - restaurant that
> played daft dance music.. then we headed to the ABclub
> to see the veils (pleasant tunes, neat indie attitude,
> a little loud maybe) and the fiery furnaces (funny
> keyboards, enthusiastic lead-singer, summer clothes
> in mid-winter).. mark was nice enough to bring me a
> copy of the cuckoo and i really like it..
>
> yesterday was definitely a good day.. i also got a
> fantastic calimero resin figurine which certainly
> is my best birthday gift so far.. well ok my birthday
> is in june so the classification is far from final
> but try to beat calimero!..

i must say i quite like the new single.. the remix is lovely, the accordion
bits especially.. stop look and listen is another nice rip-off..i just wish
the song was 3 minutes shorter.. "travelling light" is sweet but certainly
not as good as the tindersticks song, even if the latter lacks the laser
beam sounds..

reviewing records or concerts is pointless isn't it..

time for a nap now..

*waves*

jule