Sinister: Always put a temple in every town...

Hewitt, Stephen S.Hewitt at xxx.uk
Mon Jan 5 12:11:03 GMT 2004

OK, so I didn't go bowling, but there you go (I was in Cranfield, of all
places).  If I HAD, I certainly would have REPORTED BACK by now.  Then
again, I haven't even told you about the gig yet and that was agesandsges
ago, mumble mumble, lots of work before xmas, mumble.  Anyway, suffice it to
say (this is Thursday at the astoria, by the way), they were good although S
a little moody, lots of old classics (Beautiful!!! Dog on wheels!!!), the
new ones sounding good too.  And hey, franz ferdinand RoX0r also, which is
nice.  Also when they played DoW just for a second I got a whiff of the main
room at Camber Sands, which, if you recall, stank of cheap pizza all
weekend, which was very odd, I mean, I'm certain I've heard them play it
live since then. Also youn said:

I've been waiting, in vain, to hear reporting back
from the Chickfactor shows, L'age d'or de pop.

And daddymoore and ian did a bit, but just to add my tuppenorth: aluminum
(sic) group are grebt, steven duffy was rub, and the pines were magnificent,
as was the fashion show.

On Thursday of this week I am going to see JUSTIN TROUSERSNAKE and am very
excited.

Also I thought struan was on my bus this morning, but maybe not (the bloke's
nose was a little pointier).

Also I got an ipod for xmas and it is fun.  This also meant that I had to
buy a new computer (well, I didn't *have to*, but it seemed like a good
enough excuse), and, oh no! good bye life, oh no! it came with Civilisation
III which has taken up most of my waking hours (and some of the non-waking
ones as well, mmm, dreaming of computer games, niiiice) since then...

Also evey time I hear about the beagle2 mission I start humming a song
called beagle that I downloaded off t'internet about a million years ago.  I
knew it was sinister-related but couldn't remember why.  Fortunately the
archive search is a wonderful thing:

http://www.missprint.org/sinister/mhonarc/199909/msg00540.html
http://www.missprint.org/sinister/mhonarc/199911/msg00189.html

Unfortunately <ahem> "sinister martin robinson's" site seems to have fallen
off the interweb, which is a shame as it is a lovely little track, if rather
heavily indebted to b&s (judy and her dream of horses in particular).  Maybe
if beagle had had that as it's tune rather than blur's noncesense it might
not have fallen into a hole/been eaten by mars monster/worked...

Anyway, stop hiding you lot, or I'll be round your house...

xoxo
CarsmileSteve