Sinister: the BOWLS are back in town (aka I'm a cuckoo/turkey)

kenneth.chu at xxx.org kenneth.chu at xxx.org
Mon Jan 5 13:40:29 GMT 2004

Helloooo there!

Ken's back!  And his front's not bad either!

I've been away on a couple of weeks of over-indulgence of various
substances, and now i'm FAT!  Hence the now not-below-average front that i
just spoke of.  How are YOUs?

I went to a club the other night, and due to having so much to eat and
drink, and bad planning, I ended up needing to have a poo!!!  And my
goodness, toilets in clubs are grim.

But anyway!  Whilst I was at the shitter, the DJ put on BELLE AND SEBASTIAN!
>From the new album, and all.  At the time I was about 3/4 through with my
business, and the song had only just started, so I thought, if I strained a
little and get a decent lap time, and not wash my hands, I'll make it out in
time to DANCE to B+S.

AND I MADE IT!!!!!!!   The song was just about half way through, but THEN!
just as i was about to throw some shapes, THE DJ CUT THE SONG OFF SHORT AND
PUT ON SOME SCHIDTTY ARSEWIPE OF A TRACK ON INSTEAD.  AND SPEAKING OF
ARSEWIPES oops I had better go back to wash my hands.

There's an anecdote for ya.

Anyways!  Just wanted to REPORT BACK on the INTERNATION SINISTER BOWLING DAY
(LONDON BRANCH), mind the gap.

The Cast (in WORLD DARTS stylee)
-------------
Archel 'Fore' Playforth
Sam 'Boy' Walton
Liz 'Dappers' Daplyn
Ken 'more than you can' Chu
Mark 'The Jester' Hester
Paul 'Sexual' Healy
Lucy 'L' ElleBelle
Sally 'Mustang' Lucysfriend

The Event
--------------
Waiting outside Finsbury Park station was potentially a bad idea considering
that it is the middle of Winter, however, the weatherman was kind to us, as
was the weather, which was mild and non-threatening.  I was a lazy gett and
didn't get there until 10 minutes later than 2:00.  And was warmly welcomed
by a by then slightly-chilled gang of AP, SW, MH and PH.  LD was to arrive a
little later, just to be fashionable.

And the six of us braved the 30 seconds journey into Rowan's Bowling, and
bowling soon commenced.  The first game was an all round high-quality
affair, with the game going to the wire and had to be settled on the last
frame.  And FOUR bowlers were within 10 points of each other in the race for
second place.

Half way through the game LE and SL appeared, coming all the way from
<somewhere far away>, in a gruelling expedition that saw them through all
the way to North Finchley, to come back to Finsbury Park!!  The committment
is honourable.  And they were to join in on the Battle Royale that the
second game turned out to be...

First of all there was the obligatory "SPELLING SOMETHING WITH OUR INITIALS
ON THE SCOREBOARD", and K-SAMPLES was the result.  What a k-sample is, one
would never know, K-SAMPLES, however, was a group of people who were up for
a top notch, final end-game game of bowling.

Through the gauntlet of screaming kids and kids who drop their bowling ball
backwards whilst bowling, the eight soldiers bowled, hauling the gigantic
rocks down the road to oblivion, destroying everything in its path.

Okay, fuck this, I just want to say I SCORED 219 IN THAT GAME FUCKING HELL
YEAH! YAY!  YEE-HA!  WOO-HOO! etc.

so there was the bowling.  And later on we were involved in a POOL
TOURNAMENT, and the champions league trophe were handed to SW and LD after a
nail biting final round victory over KC and PH.

And after that, it was to the World's End for BEER and BURGER and CURRY and
ANECDOTES and FUN and STUFF, and then we all went home, fitter, happier,
more productive, etc.

Wasn't that great??  I wonder if there are any other reporting
backs.........

Ken

This email is confidential and intended solely for the person or entity to whom it is addressed.  If this email was not intended for you please notify the UCLH Mail Administrator at mail.administrator at uclh.org.
This footnote confirms that the email and attachments contained no viruses when they left UCLH.