Sinister: go on- give yourself up to the allure of it, you know you want to

Jonathan Skinner staralful at xxx.com
Sat Jan 10 12:27:27 GMT 2004

dear sinister
i hope this finds you in fine fettle. i am not, my head is all blocked up ,
i can't think straight and on top of it all i have a cold. i hope you all
had a merry christmas , happy Chanunkah , a krazy kwanza or a solemn
dignified ramadan. in the irish tradition my was "quiet thank god"just back
from 3 days in paris which was nice. i saw the eiffel tower once and that
was a mistake , i got out at the wrong metro stop and bang there it was.
needless to say i turned my back on it immedietly. well not exactly i
looked at it , saw it then turned away walking up a street that had a load
of rich people waiting "patiently" to get into the gucci sale. i saw some
hoving but not nearly enough hair pulling or screaming. i suppose french
rich people are a bit more dignified than the Irish noveau riche. Had a
great couple of days though despite the fact that all of our colds broke on
the plane out there. hung out in cafes , had picnics in a park even though
it was freezing cold , went around outdoor food markets and got free tea and
waited by the ice rink by the hotel de ville waiting for someone to fall on
their arse. mission accomplished. there was one minor difference with this
trip however. there were no instances public urination. another highlight
( despite the lack of public urination) was the art squat on rue de rivoli,
which although slightly more gentified than its ********** counterpart where
kilometer/zero was/is published from , was still great and am glad i went.
so belle and sebastian are releasing i'm a cuckoo , why exactly?  i was
hoping for passion fruit to be included in the b*sides but i suppose i will
have to wait for singles #3 #4 or maybe #5.
further to ms brown's ( is there an 'e' at the end?) i think my brother has
a similar gripe. when stuart was asking for things that people found sexy he
wrote in about a catastrophe waitress that he knew in paris when he lived
there that had this look of annoyance on her face whenever she dropped
anything, this was 2001 and then that thing was in 2002 when the sexy thing
( can't you just hear hot chocolate) came out. he swore he would never buy
another belle and sebastian cd again. that went out the window along with
the dishes.
right i'm off to practice my affectations ta ta
jnthn