Sinister: Turn on the bright lights

a.s.t.r.i.d at xxx.com a.s.t.r.i.d at xxx.com
Wed Jan 14 14:16:25 GMT 2004

Yo Sinistah,

   what have you been up to? I've been having a lovely Christmas, an okay new
year, and even started exercising. Oh God. Exercising sounds very grandma-ish to
say, but I have. We're actually getting a new flashy thing at home today, a
crosstrainer or something. You have this puls-measuring-thingy on you and because
you will have put in some personalized settings, it will measure your pulse and
then make the exercising so that you stay on a certain pulse... or something like
it. I am a little scared of it, since I am a bit scared of machines that, um,
know too much. hello paranoid.

   Really though, I blame it on Anders. You heard me! Well, ok, I don't blame it
on you, Anders, directly. You see, Anders, a sinisterbite for those of you who
haven't read any of his posts or something, who lives in Norway came to stay with
me for five days this summer, and we watched this really weird movie one night,
called Christine. It was a Stephen King movie. It really did SUCK. I'm not fond
of that expression, but it really did SUCK. At first, there was this nerd guy
with big glasses and converse shoes. We laughed and said that he seemed like a
typical B&S fan. Then he bought this freaky old car, called Christine, and it was
a car possessed by.... the devil? Someone evil, though. And he dropped the
glasses and got a popular girlfriend. Then the car tried to kill his girlfriend.
It really did not make any sense at all.
   They're showing it again on Saturday. I won't be watching it.

   What makes me a little sad is that I only got one sini christmas gift, from
the lovely GrĂ inne, but not from my other secret santa. I was thinking, maybe my
secret santa is very late. Maybe. I don't know.But it happened the last time as
well.
   I had a dream about sinister. There were secret posts going around, that
everyone really hated me and wanted to get rid of me, and so, everyone kept
ignoring me and then I realized what was going on. I don't know why I dreamt of
sinister, it was just part of a big dream of lots of scenarios which made me feel
really bummed out, but you know. I hope there are no secret posts of
Astrid-scorning.

   Can't wait for Damien Rice to come to Sweden again, I got great seats this
time on the 5th row, so I'm really, really excited. Someone called Josh Ritter is
supporting. Apparently he's doing really well in Ireland. I heard a song called
Kathleen yesterday. Seems fine by me. If anyone knows more about him (that's not
the website) send me an e-mail.

  Belle & Sebastian are coming here as well, but since it is an 18-age limit, I'm
not even going to bother. It really annoys me though, since I in March will be 17
and 8 months old. But I've seen them before, at least, and I can go and say hello
around soundcheck time and just talk a bit, because that always makes me super
happy doing, even when I can't go to gigs that are in clubs and stuff.

  Last night (she saiiiid... no, stop, wrong artist) I watched David Letterman,
eagerly anticipating the Ryan Adams performance. I LOVE Ryan Adams. People who
say that he makes shit music right now can just sod off, because it is still so
true and beautiful. There ARE some weird stuff on Love is Hell Pt 1 +2, but I
don't care. I know what he's doing, sort of. He was tired of what he was known
for. Country goth, as he called it himself. He wanted to have fun. When he
performed So Alive on Letterman, he was lovely. He sang like nothing else
mattered, and I cried a bit because I had sort of gotten convinced he was going
downhill and then I saw him and the song evoked the same feelings in me as Oh My
Sweet Carolina, New York, New York, or any other critically acclaimed song of
his.

  I have to go home from school now, urgh. it's cold and snow outside and I am as
always in a skirt. Why, why, why? Because I am wearing my Clarks and none of my
trousers go with them. Except for two pairs that makes me feel like a man. So
that's why.

Well, so long people.

Astrid x

P.S. My best quote:

"DUDE! I just realized who I really am!"
- Fabrizio Morretti, the ever so lovely drummer of the Strokes.

For up-to-the-minute music news, reviews and specials visit
http://www.nme.com

Get free e-mail (anyname at nme.com) now at http://www.nmemail.com

The sender of this e-mail is NOT an employee or associate of NME,
nme.com or any other IPC magazine.