Sinister: Wrapped Up In Books...in Starbucks!

Das Mädchen mit dem Messer. hazey_jane_is at xxx.com
Tue Jan 20 01:19:06 GMT 2004

Hi Sinister!

I hope everyone is well. I, myself, have a tiny cold.
It mostly is affecting my nose and my non-existant
sense of smell, so I think I'll live...not that I have
a choice - finals are this week. Fun, fun, fun!

Anyway, my friends and I met for a "study-group" today
at Starbucks. We actually did get some work done,
though not as much as would have justified our being
there for three hours. Anyway, in the midst of one of
our discussions, what song should I hear playing
not-so-softly in the background, but Wrapped Up In
Books by our very own B&S! My friends thought I was
crazy, because all of a sudden I shouted with
uncharacteristic enthusiasm, "THIS IS BELLE AND
SEBASTIAN!!!" and proceeded to sing along. Needless to
say my friends were a bit stunned.

That's when one of the girls and I decided to get some
over-priced hot chocolate. I asked the woman at the
counter who was responsible for the music at
Starbucks. It turns out that it's some corporate
bigwig who gets to pick the music. They put it on a CD
and play it in Starbucks around the country. So the
next time you go to Starbucks, you might hear it, too.

Anyway, that about made my day. I have to say, though,
that I always thought that if I ever did hear B&S in a
public place, it would be a record store, where I can
actually go up and say hi to whoever chose the music.
Like in High Fidelity. I never thought it would be
Starbucks. Then again, who does? ("Oh yes, I love this
band! Someday, I'll hear them in a Starbucks.")

Anyway, I'm bad at ending things (stories, essays,
e-mails) so um...this is the end. Just thought I'd
share this news with all of you.

-Holly