Sinister: no hope for the states

Anne Walter anakin_sky at xxx.net
Tue Jan 20 09:37:29 GMT 2004

hi sinister,

i hardly ever post, but...

i think i'm probably not going to see belle & sebastian on their european
tour this year, because the first time they are actually coming anywhere near
where i live (berlin) i'll be in bloody england. bah! and this time i suppose
i can't afford travelling to another country to see them again. although we
were thinking about going to copenhagen, but...

so, i heard about the hope of the states guitarist yesterday, and i think
it's really sad. the english hype machine aside, i think they are a great band.
i saw them last october in manchester, and i thought they were absolutely
amazing. i even kept a plectrum (you say that in english?) from that show
(cheeseball, i know), and i was really looking forward to their debut album... a
lot of people probably don't know what i'm talking about, well, the guitarist
of that band hope of the states killed himself last week. very very sad.

so, yeah. it's all good going to manchester again for 2 months though, since
i'm going to go and see loads of amazing gigs. no, not belle & sebastian.
hmph. but my other favourite band called explosions in the sky, from austin,
texas. and death cab for cutie. and... okay, this is probably boring for
everyone except me. that's why i never post, i suppose..

british folks, do you remember "the young ones", this f**king great comedy
from the 80s? i'm doing this class at uni called "linguistic formats of
television comedies" and me and a couple of friends are doing a presentation on
"the young ones". i think this show is absolutely hilarious, one of the best
comedies i have ever seen, also one of the most absurd. which is a big part of
why it is so funny i guess.

okay, well i really don't have that much to say, so i stop now.

lots of love,
anne.

ps: hi paul, sorry for not being in touch!

pps: a.s.t.r.i.d., keep posting, you're great!

--
Bis 31.1.: TopMail + Digicam für nur 29 EUR http://www.gmx.net/topmail