Sinister: *blinks into the light*

John Jennings john at xxx.uk
Tue Jan 20 21:14:22 GMT 2004

Sinister sinister sinister,
Where have you been?

SHAMELESS ADVERTISING

Ack hang on, you've been here all along. I, meanwhile, have been trying to
get a degree, and getting myself into all sorts of hilarious situations
along the way. It is, it seems, becoming common practise to plug blogs to
sinister so I feel that its necessary to mention that you can read all
about it in my shiny livejournal. Some of you have. Yes.

THE NEW ALBUM: ME RAMBLING

So, lots of stuff has happened since I last posted. I'm sure you don't want
my commentary on it all, so I'll keep the majority of my inane ramblings to
myself (or *ahem* my livejournal *ahem*) but I will say that I like the new
album very much. So much in fact, that it had the honour of being ripped
immediately onto my pride & joy iPod, and is thus following me around in
all i do and everywhere I go. I was listening to Stay Loose (is that what
it's called?) on the way to the computer room that I am now posting from,
and it is, disappointingly, a little too fast to walk in time to. Its still
rather good though. Yes.

THE NEW DVD: ME RAMBLING SOME MORE

The DVD is a strange strange thing. Friends who have never heard of b&s
seem to think its the bees' knees - they huddle around my ibook and sway,
giggling at the absurdity of the videos. From those who love b&s like me
though, it elicits grimaces and sounds of pain - 'if I saw this before I
knew them, I would never have bought the album', one person told me...
twee, alack, isn't the flavour of the month, but the dvd is... well... twee
as fuck. Its true.

THE LEICESTER SINISTER MASSIVE

The Leicester sinister massive did once exist. It did. Honest. It was a
long long time ago though. Such a long time, in fact, that for many it has
become a thing of legend. But lo! What is that on the horizon? Is it the
phoenix, rising from the...

Ok I'll stop.

There is to be another sinister meeting in leicester though, and I'm going
home especially for it, because I'm just so darned exited.

On Sunday March 7, Yo La Tengo and Gorky's Zygotic Mynci are playing at the
DeMontfort Hall in the aforementioned midlands city. One or two of us are
going, and to celebrate 'one or two' sinister-ines being together at the
same time, i'm think a sinister picnic on the sunday afternoon before the
gig, so we can all get to know each other, is in order. Good idea, huh? To
be honest, if you're in leicester, you don't have to be going to the gig to
go to the picnic (or pub trip, if its too cold for picnic-ing), but I
thought I'd give you a wee bit of context ;)

You'll notice that this date is a fair distance in the future, but I'm
giving you plenty of warning so you can fit it into your busy schedule, and
also buy tickets for the gig itself if you fancy going.

Yes yes, I'm so organised. Also, I fear I'll forget if I don't post whilst
I'm thinking about it.

Ok I'm going to cut this post short now, because I'm not sure if this will
get through. I'm posting from a computer room at uni and I had the fiddle a
bit with the email programme to get the right email address and everything.

I'm aware that that information is hugely irrelevant.

Tum te tum,
See you kids
JP x