Sinister: I've found a place to live - I got it the hard way

Mark Hester mark.hester at xxx.com
Sun Jan 25 00:39:10 GMT 2004

Hello,

I learnt quite a lot from the Fans Only DVD.  I didn't know, for example, that
the Maisonettes had existed as a group (or at least group of backing singers)
prior to Legal Man.  Well, I knew that there was another lot of Maisonettes, who
did Heartache Avenue (which sounds a little bit like You Don't Send Me in
places, if I'm not imagining it).

Anyway, landslide, landslide, landslide....I was singing and/or humming this for
a couple of days, having not heard it before.  Of course, this is a song
unlikely to ever see the light of day release-wise, but someone has covered it
haven't they (Evie sands?).  It's hardly ever been mentioned on sinister....a
quick search of "landslide" revealed far more references to election victories ;)

Stefano's mention of nuclear power stations and glowing bunnies makes me
visualise him in an episode of The Simpsons.  how would he feel if Mr Burns was
his boss?   He also complains that no-one is citing his papers - possibly coz
he's getting them published in the wrong journals (not that I've got any
professional interest at all, hee hee).

I'm going to Belgium at the end of next month.  I'm visiting Brussels and Bruges
having obtained a very cheap Eurostar ticket.  According to Honey's
list-everyone-by-domain-type list, there are 5 of you there, so maybe we could
have a little sinister meet-up, though it'll prolly be too cold for a picnic.....

....Which of course it won't be by the time BAPPS comes over (yay! etc).

Mark.

For up-to-the-minute music news, reviews and specials visit
http://www.nme.com

Get free e-mail (anyname at nme.com) now at http://www.nmemail.com

The sender of this e-mail is NOT an employee or associate of NME,
nme.com or any other IPC magazine.