Sinister: Righty tighty, lefty loosy

Mark Ollerenshaw mollerenshaw at xxx.net
Mon Jan 26 20:05:54 GMT 2004

Hey hey hey,

Well doesn't time fly - looks like it's time for my regular bi-centennial
post!

Since you last heard from me I'm all grown up, with a degree, a big old flat
to myself, and the somehow inevitable tedious office job, which for the sake
of my mental well-being I'd really like to escape from - if anyone fancies
joining me in my plans for an international disco ice-cream van operation
(possibly involving airborne acrobats and dancing dinosaurs) then I'm
looking for a partner... Actually, I was considering a trip to Sweden
recently, and a friend told me that there's a disco train, with an actual
dancefloor and everything, to while away the long tedious dark
train-journeys. Can this be true? If it is then it may well be The Coolest
Thing I Ever Heard Of.

Really looking forward to Glastonbury again this year. It's going to ROCK.
Imagine QUEEN, selling sticks of ROCK on Brighton pier. To GEOLOGISTS. In
the middle of a FLAMING METEORITE STORM. While sucking on PEBBLES. About
that much ROCK, I reckon. It was great meeting people last year (Hi Amy,
Hello Carsmile, Hey Robin, Greetings DV) and finally putting faces to names,
and I hope lots of you make it there this year too... Although I was
disappointed that I somehow managed to miss Mr Chu, and hence still believe
he's nothing more than a figment of our collective imagination.

I was very sad to have missed the latest tour. The nearest concert was Bath,
and all my friends are too stupid to both own a car AND want to drive me all
the way to a B&S concert. And back. Curses. Although, with an album AND a
DVD out this past 12 months, it'd be rude for them not to appear at Glasto,
wouldn't it? Wouldn't it? Hmmm... I'm personally looking forward to seeing
James Brown stepping into Monica Queen's shoes for a surprise sexy funk
rendition of LLPJ...

I've STILL not made up my mind about DCW. Every time I put it on I really
start getting into it, and then of course the next day I hear Tigermilk and
all my hard work's ruined. Although Stay Loose is obviously a work of
monumental genius from which I fear the band may never recover :) And it has
most definitely the cutest of all the B&S covergirls yet. The DVD is pure
condensed circular wonderfulness, too. Who'd have thought South American TV
was so much crazy crazy fun?

By the by, if there are any San Franciscan sinisterines that are looking to
put off their annual address-book rationalisation/silverware polishing
session/root-canal surgery in late April and fancy joining a lost-looking
British listee and his mate for a drink or two, then I'd love to hear from
you. It'd be great to have a friendly face to keep us company for an
afternoon :) </list abuse>

One final thing: as a serial lurker I thought I'd remind you all that you're
wonderful people, each and every one of you, and touch me, or cheer me up,
or both, without fail whenever I check my email. Yay for Sinister! Keep up
the good work. The safety of the universe depends on it... That and superman
of course.

Anyway, must dash - I've kept you long enough. Look forward to my next post
in 2204 - it'll be a corker, I promise :)

Bye for now,

Mark O