Sinister: May I punch you?

a.s.t.r.i.d at xxx.com a.s.t.r.i.d at xxx.com
Tue Jan 27 08:39:56 GMT 2004

   Sometimes I wonder what's wrong with people. In the computer room, there are
four good computers that you can play mp3s on. I'm on one of them. I was here
first. I, for once, started playing MY music, first some Josh Ritter and now,
because of my wrath, Interpol. Quite obviously, you don't start playing on one of
the other computers when someone else is already playing. But someone is. I am in
this moment getting Interpol's PDA ruined by background sounds from crap 70s
cockrock. AH! SOD OFF EVIL PERSON PLAYING CRAP MUSIC! I WAS HERE FIRST! DON'T YOU
KNOW THE UNWRITTEN LAWS?!
   I am in quite a mood today, you see. I missed my bus first, so I was too late
to actually attend my organisation and leadership class, when I got here I
realized I had forgot my keys at home. This was also the day that I brought the
seven books with me that I have to go to the library with.
    Good things: I listened to B&S on my way here, and that made me feel good and
twee and happy. I am buying a nice sweater on sale today. I end at like 12:30.
    Last night I made a life improvement list. It included things as sleep more,
read more, clean more often, exercise more and some rules for shopping. I don't
know what good this list will do me but it was at least something to do.
    I dreamt really weirdly, I danced a "naked dance" (it was called that but
when I danced it in my dream it felt more like some sort of rain dance) for
people in my school, fully dressed. It sounds like it'd be a pervy thing but it
wasn't. I was wearing a gorgeous sort of 50s dress though. And Posh n Becks were
getting married (again?) in the school gym. They were wearing something that
seemed like some sort of scuba gear, but Becks had holes made along the side, so
you could almost see his arse. It was strange.
     Speaking of arses, this weekend I had a disturbing experience that will scar
me for life. I had had a nice evening with Amanda at my dad's. We had danced
around in Caled Followill and Justin Hawkins-masks that we got with the Xmas NME.
We had been singing and playing some and rehearsed a bit. We had even played some
very hilarious Mickey Mouse's Racing or whatever it's called, it's a video game.
We had had a GOOD TIME. And then. We put on the tv. Amanda starts sulking when I
don't want to watch what she wants to watch, so I change to the "Open Channel"
where people can do whatever they want, sort of. It's just local. This guy, i
think he was from Kenya, stood there, against a cheesy background, with a
synthesizer and sang and played piano to a pre-done background with crap drums.
it was quite funny. We like that. Innocent. But then we switched to another
channel. And there was Bruce Willis, just finding a rattle snake in his mailbox
and we said to each other "Ah yes, haha, must be that erotic thriller they've
shown commercials for all week" and kept watching because it was the best thing
on. And then. THEN. the lurrrrve-making in the pool! AH! BRUCE WILLIS' PRIVATES!
FILMED UNDERWATER! AHHHH! We laughed so hard we had to keep watching because it
was so terribly awful and made us CRINGE, and,ah, yes, Bruce Willis' arse pressed
against the shower glass wall, thanks a lot. Disgusting man. They showed this
movie at prime time on probably the biggest channel in Sweden. STRANGE. And
gross, gross, gross beyond words.
    I've given up on competing with the EVIL EVIL EVIL person playing crap music
on her computer. Play Queen or whatever, I don't care. Argh.

    By the way, mine and Amanda's band have changed our name now. From The
Phoners via The Delays (we had it for about a week, until we realized it was
taken by a really great new band signed on Rough Trade) via The Vanities (no, a
LA band had that name it turned out after browsing through the five first pages
of google results) via our new name: Kit. It might be shite, it might be nice,
but we like the feel of it so this one is a keeper.

   Yesterday I felt like fighting someone all day. My friend Sanna did as well. I
was walking around saying things such as "I might just punch someone, just
because I feel evil" and I still do. Maybe it's because i've never hit someone or
recieved a punch from someone else. It would just be interesting to see how it'd
feel. But I'm so weak, I know I'd be a lost cause in a fight. But still.

     Oh well.
   The demo is coming out well for us, we have still "just" done Hit it, Raoul!
but we are trying to get back in the studio ASAP. In the meantime, we have done
some background vocals on Martin Gordon's (ex-Sparks) new record.

    Take care people,
and please say hello once in a while. My inbox is lonely.

Astrid x

For up-to-the-minute music news, reviews and specials visit
http://www.nme.com

Get free e-mail (anyname at nme.com) now at http://www.nmemail.com

The sender of this e-mail is NOT an employee or associate of NME,
nme.com or any other IPC magazine.