Sinister: B & S Mailing List - "I'm A Cuckoo" competition! (fwd)

Linda Kerr lulou at xxx.org
Fri Jan 30 16:35:53 GMT 2004

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 15:26:02 -0000
From: band at xxx.net
To: list at banchory.net

Hello all,

First up, our friends at smalloranges.com have created a fabulous new game
for "I'm A Cuckoo" which you can play online at http://www.imacuckoo.com
The first prize is a trip for two to see Belle & Sebastian play in
Barcelona on March 13th 2004, and there are 15 randomly chosen second
prizes of signed records and various other goodies.  The winner of the
first prize will be the highest scoring eligible entry for the game and
will receive two return flights FROM THE UK to Barcelona, two nights
accommodation, tickets for the show and £200 spending money. The
competition is running from NOW until 12 noon GMT on Monday 30th February
2004. Even though it is pretty likely that the winner will be from the UK
(unless you can get yourself here at your own cost) please don't let that
put you off entering the competition as everyone is eligible to win in the
random second prize draw.

Continuing with the "I'm A Cuckoo" single, we've reached number 7 on the
MTV2/NME chart in the UK, thanks to everyone who's been voting for the
Cuckoo video.  Please continue to vote online at
http://www.mtv2europe.com/nmechart2.jhtml to keep it in the Top 10!

Further to the last Mailing List message, the "I'm A Cuckoo" will be
released by Rough Trade America on enhanced CD single and (imported UK) 7"
on February 24th.  There won't be an NTSC version of the DVD single as
previously mentioned at present, sorry, but we are working on remedying
this situation soon. The enhanced CD single will also be released in Japan
by Labels JP on February 18th and in Australia by Spunk Records on March
1st.

Lastly, we'll have two new t-shirts in the online shop tomorrow, one for
the "...Cuckoo" single and the other an old poster design from the past,
which we think looks rather groovy on a t-shirt.  Take a look tomorrow at
http://www.banchoryshop.net to see what we're talking about.

Good luck to you all in the competition!

Cheers,
Katrina @ Banchory.

http://www.imacuckoo.com
http://www.belleandsebastian.com