Sinister: London gig

Ian Watson ianwatsonuk at xxx.com
Tue Jul 13 12:23:11 BST 2004

Hi Stephane and everyone else that's coming to London for the B&S shows!

I can't help you with a party after the shows, but on Friday it's the latest
HDIF, so we can act as a warm up! Hope you don't mind me posting this, but I
thought I'd just answer Stephane's question.

--------
How Does It Feel To Be Loved?
Friday July 16th
Buffalo Bar, Highbury Corner
9pm-2am, £3 members, £5 non members
Guest DJ: Chris King (Da Doo Ron Ron)
indie pop, northern soul, tamla motown, sixties heartbreak

Chris runs Da Doo Ron Ron, possibly the best club night in the UK. Their
official website is down at the moment, but here's an old page of their
that's still floating around in the ether.

http://clubdadooronron.users.btopen...m/mainpage.html

Here's an snippet from it:
"The club's musical menu is a femme-centric celebration of 60's girl groups
such as The Supremes, Ronettes, Marvelettes, Shangri-La's, Chiffons,
Crystals etc, sassy soul sisters like Aretha, Dusty Springfield, Maxine
Brown, Brenda Holloway and playful popstrels in the vein of Petula Clark,
Lesley Gore and Helen Shapiro. You will never hear a male lead vocal at
DDRR!"

Should be fantastic!