Sinister: Aek mas en Inglandae. Glasgow and Cardiff meet-ups?

Amy Skelton borokitty at xxx.com
Sat Jul 17 11:58:21 BST 2004

Dear Sinister,

I know I've been out of touch for a LONG time. Limited time on the net' and
all that. Some people have informed me that messages sent bounced from my
account over the last month. If you're not sure if I got your email then
please send again. It seems to be okay now (fingers crossed).

Well my first summer of no festivals hasn’t been as much torture as I
imagined. I contented myself by listening to Glasto highlights (including B
& S and Morrissey) on the BBC World Service. I have been kicked off the
siniglasto list (during my account problems) so I don’t know what you were
all discussing. Those that I’ve heard from seemed to have lots of fun.

NEWS FROM BANGLADESH
So for the updates. I'm now getting them straight on to my local Development
Education Centre website.

Go to http://www.ownne.org

                                             ...and click on Latest news.

See my Apr-May BIG update first including my honey hunting trip in The
Sundarbans - with pics. It was a brilliant trip so there's plenty of juicy
details. There's a smaller May-June update. As I've got my access (without
internet) to a computer in Bangladesh I've started including some pictures.
I did go over my old updates to add pics - saris, slum areas etc. to give
you a broader view but these improved versions don't appear to have gone
live yet.

While you're on the site have a look (if you get chance) to see what the
Teesside One World Centre is all about.

HONEY I'M HOME... NEWS FROM THE UK

My big news is that I'm back in the UK for interviews! My first is with
Biwater (international Water/wastewater treatment consultants) for a
graduate engineering position on Tuesday. Then at the end of the month I've
got an assessment centre exercise with DFID (Department for International
Development). That's for a 12 - 18 month placement to hopefully make me a
better consultant for DFID in the future. I’m going for an Infrastructure
(Water and Environmental Health) position. There's so much preparation work
I need to do for this! They’re paying for my flight ticket from the desh’
bless them.

The DFID assessment is in East Kilbride. Glasgow massive - are you up to
anything then? It would be nice to see some of you.

I'm staying in the UK for a month (leaving Aug 15th). My last week may
(hopefully) be in Surrey for a canal restoration camp but I've got another
three weeks to try and cram things in as is my usual style.

If anyone is in Cardiff - either normally or for the Interhash and wants to
meet up then please let me know.

This UK trip was quite last minute so I couldn’t pre-notify.

THE END IS NIGH…
I'll be back in the UK on a more permanent (?) basis on Thurs September 23rd
- the end of my placement in Bangladesh. Yes, I know that means I'm only
going back overseas for a month but I really want to finish my job properly.
I enjoy my work and my colleagues are like family for a start. Not to
mention the fact that I'm still going out with Stu (American Peace Corps
Volunteer). Yes, it has developed into a more serious relationship as the
months have gone on. We've already decided that we are going to try and keep
it going when I leave the desh'. Both of us 'want job, will travel'. His
placement in Bangladesh doesn't finish until end of May 2005. We'll come up
with something. In the meantime hopefully I'll be earning soon and will be
able to afford go back to the Desh' in winter. my wellbeing won't be able to
afford not to. So, i'm about to embark on my first inter-continental
relationship. It's a bit daunting.

Right, now I have to get on with some individual messaging. Some of you have
been neglected for a long time.

<Brr> It's cold. I need to reacclimatise.

Take care all,

Amy