Sinister: Stuart in The Guardian

Linda Kerr lulou at xxx.org
Sat Jul 17 16:26:41 BST 2004

Hi

Hope everyone going to Somerset House tonight and tomorrow has a lovely
time..for those who can't go (and those who can, too, actually), there is
an interview with Stuart in today's Guardian guide.

The link is here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguide/features/story/0,14671,1262903,00.html

but it is giving me an error message - maybe you will be luckier, or they
will have fixed it soon.

The first paragraph is:"

 " Conventional wisdom dictates that you shouldn't judge a book by its
cover. But it doesn't half save time. For instance, if you see a man with
a moustache in London, it is reasonable to assume he is either a
policeman, gay or actually from Rotherham."

This does seem to be random observation on the part of the writer, as the
rest of the article seems to suggest that Belle and Sebastian's main man
is exactly what you would expect from the cover of their albums, and his
ideal woman is who you see on the cover of the albums. Perhaos I read that
bit too quickly, to get to the main thing - an interview with Stuart.

Not havign seen B&S recently, it is a shock but not a surprise to see
Stuart has gone for a haircut last sported by the Eloi in The Time
Machine, or maybe David Hemmings or Jean Seberg. Very fetching.

Interesting facts:

Stuart is Christian with a small c
Stuart and Stevie were scared by their glamorous fans, in the early days.
That's you!

Cheers

Linda