Sinister: an bhfuil aon leithreas agat, a chara?

Dirty Vicar dirtyvicar at xxx.net
Mon Jul 19 22:25:12 BST 2004

I think I was going to write after Glastonbury, and then I didn't. So now I
am writing.

It's funny how little traffic there is following that B&S concert at the
weekend. Or maybe it hasn't happened yet and I am confused? Maybe. In any
case, as part of my general plan to visit London either before or after B&S
play I will be in London NEXT weekend. I'm going to be at some indie sadfest
in Bethnal Green, where loads of obscure bands are playing. I am looking
forward to seeing Language Of Flowers, because I saw them in Glasgow a while
back and they are hybrids of all good music, and also the Blondie tribute
act on the bill. The thing I am looking forward to most is my DJing. Yes,
some fule is letting me loose on the wheels of steel. For fifteen minutes. I
think I will be putting on 'Rapper's Delight'.

Yesterday I saw that film "Tale of the Weeping Camel". It is about these
people who like in Mongolia, who have this camel that gives birth to a
little baby camel, only the mummy camel does not like the little baby camel
and will not look after it. The little baby camel is then very sad. I won't
reveal how the film ends, but oddly it involves singing and violin-playing.
I am beginning to think that maybe I would like to live in a yurt in
Mongolia and raise camels.

And I read a book over the weekend in which all these people who live in
Pompeii are killed horribly when the nearby mountain turns into a volcano.
Now I want to go and see Pompeii. I reckon Naples could also be a laugh,
even though it is apparently Europe's dodgiest city (if you are from Naples,
please do not kill me).

I was excited to see a post from Mr Fallaha the other day. It's like the
early part of this decade all over again.

That's it, really.

bless,

DV