Sinister: Intellectual and Perspiring

robin stout stoutrobin at xxx.com
Tue Jul 20 16:16:19 BST 2004

Gosh,

Sam's done a good job of describing most of Sunday's gig already, but here's
a quick one, two, three from me...

1. This was the best Belle and Sebastian gig I have ever seen.

2. I danced for two whole hours and spilt someone's pint all over their
face.

3. Whoever you were, I am very sorry.

4. Oddly, when I looked around myself, even during the most danceable
numbers, very few people were dancing. I thought this a strange thing.

5. You Made Me Forget My Dreams and Belle and Sebastian were excellent, and
much better than the EP versions.

6. All of the audience participation worked for once; the very scottish girl
who sang to Dirty Dream knew her stuff, and Legal Man featured a
tremendously enthusiastic Brazillian man who ran about onstage taking photos
of everyone. He reminded me of Jordi.

7. The banter was great, especially all of the stuff about Chris being in a
higher tax band.

8. Somerset House is lovely.

9. I think people hated me for dancing so much.

10. Stuart wore a bowler hat, and at one point he took his top off.

11. I didn't meet any Sinister people at the gig at all, even the ones who I
thought I was bound to recognise.

12. Stuart seemed quite upset when he forgot the lyrics at the end of You
Made Me Forget My Dreams.

13. After Stevie sang Family Tree, there was, as Sam so aptly puts it, "a
moment of tension".

14. During the gig, a man was talking loudly to his mates about "batting
averages, extraordinarily. When I was dancing I might have accidentally
punched him.

BYE,

ROBIN