Sinister: Sha La La

David Moore david.moore99 at xxx.com
Wed Jul 21 11:39:20 BST 2004

Hi All,

Thanks to Spanish Tranny Sister Disco for drawing our
attention to the BBC’s Mercury Music Prize poll. I
would like to think that I am a straightforward guy
who wouldn’t endorse cheating, vote fixing or anything
underhand like that. So I was a little puzzled when
someone who used to live here, & who is well-enough
known in B&S circles to be mentioned by surname from
the stage at B&S’s Somerset House show on Saturday
posted this on his board:

“Click here to register a vote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/polli...ok=ok&vote=Vote

Note that once you have voted, it will place a cookie
with details like these (the value will be unique to
you):
Domain: bbc.co.uk
Cookie Name: BBC-UID
Value:
54b06fedc3373c07926ad317814c8ff86cf2b2c0d0b0a0b21a
056aaa2f61e5d90Mozilla%2f5%2e0%20%28Windows%3b%20U
%3b%20Windows%20NT%205%2e1%3b%20en%2dGB%3b%20rv%3a
1%2e7%29%20Gecko%2f20040707%20Firefox%2f0%2e9%2e2

Delete that cookie to vote again

Note that you can't disable cookies, because you need
it to vote with   “

I am not quite sure what it all means but see what you
lot can make of it.

Minor Reporting Back from the weekend:

1)	Whilst sat in a pub by Waterloo Station before
Saturday’s gig it occurred to me that it would be
highly appropriate for the band to play The Kinks’ top
tune ‘Waterloo Sunset’, so I txted someone in the band
to request it, & blow me down, there it was later
being sung by Our Stevie. Thanks a lot!

2)	Whilst swanning around on the terrace of Somerset
House at Saturday’s aftershow I spotted Alison
Newman!! (For those of you who are not aware of her,
she plays a character called Hazel Bailey in favourite
TV drama ‘Footballers Wive$’ (see
http://www.footballerswives.tv/chs/chs_hb.html )

Nice to see so many Sinister people old and new both
before & at Saturday's concert. (A lot of the older
ones didn't go!)

Love to all

David Moore
Chelmsford, UK