Sinister: PussyKat Recordings

Astrid Wiezell dearpaperclip at xxx.com
Thu Jul 22 15:31:39 BST 2004

Dearest sinister,

I always write you when I am giggly and not very serious. I am considering
writing another one of those but I am not sure whether to. I think not, for
a change.

I am right now sitting at my boyfriend's computer in his hometown, which is
three hours north of Stockholm. I came here yesterday evening and I'll be
going home midday on Saturday, when he has started working again. Me? Oh...
I don't "do" working in the summer. No, I always rely on getting by anyways
because I'm always too late when I'm looking for a summer job and all the
good ones are taken. Telemarketing, can you really imagine it? "Yeah? You
don't like me calling? AH! SOD OFF to you TOO you rude annoying
person!GoodBYE! ". No, I don't think I'll be good with that kind of stuff.
And so I survive on the heaps of money I recieved from various relatives on
my birthday. AH, it's good to be me in those situations.

On Monday, my sister Hedvig, myself and Amanda had a sister night in her
apartment, which meant buying many assorted snacks and sweets and renting a
total of like 4,5 hours of sex and the city, and it was a nice evening
indeed. The day after, my sister took a whole 36-picture roll of film on me
and Amanda  in black and white. The weather was SO lovely, non-stop! Seeing
as we here in Sweden are expersiencing are coldest summer in about 70 years
or something, I say: YAY! I wore my new skirt with dots in lots of colours,
it is quite nice if I may say so myself. After that, my sister and my mum
and I went to IKEA (yes, i realise irony in this as I am Swedish and this is
one of the things we are mostly known for) and I bought a nice full-lenght
mirror and some stuff to repair my bedside lamp. I felt pretty responsible,
most of the times spent there I just end up with a tiny stuffed animal that
costed 10 SEK, which is like 70 p or about $1, just because I feel so bad
for them. Anyways, I'm seeing the pictures on Saturday, it'll be so much
fun, we really tried to get some arty poses and variation. We'll use them
for our demo, website etc. etc.

Ok, I know I said I'd be serious but I just thought of the BEST pictures we
took, a ha ha ha ha, they were so stupid. We went to this wee patch of green
grass, supposedly some sort of "park", beside the big road with buses and
all. We saw two buffalo statues (logical motif since in Sweden, there are no
buffalos. maybe reindeers in the north but that's about it), one big chasing
a small. Don't you think we had to climb up on them? Indeed we did! I had to
sit on the pervy one with yucky stone buffalo private parts, which Amanda
just stood and pointed at, laughing hysterically at for quite some time
afterwards. It was one of those moments that just feels so bizarre and
great.

And thank you Richard for the nice compliment about Hit it, Raoul! That's
just the crappy version, there is a much better one so you're just getting
STARTED my friend!

Myself and Amanda have also decided to have a nice name for the collective
of duos and solo projects that surround us. SO, people, now we are PussyKat
Recordings, the home of successful* duo Kat, my own solo project Good Scout
Promise and our sort-of-instrumental laid-back band Look, it's a squirrel!.
Yes, it does feel good to have a name to summarize it. And isn't it just so
CHEEKY, dear readers? PussyKat, because the main band is Kat, and we're chyx
only (not on purpose, er, in the bands that is not generally in life, we're
very happy about our womanhood) and so... ha ha... geddit? geddit? huh? huh?
You'd THINK it's kinky but it's NOT really, so the person reading it ends up
feeling like a PERV! Funny, eh?

Eh?

... what can I write after that paragraph? I feel drained. I am hungry and
without serious thoughts.

Uh, I even bore myself sometimes.

Well now, my dears, I shall socialize with my boyfriend, he gave me great
gifts for my birthday, tons of nice 7" singles, including one B&S, two
spearmint, two interpol, one adam green... etc. etc. and a spoken word
record with my favourite comic drawer, teitur's album and I am kloot, his
favourite band. Ahh. Bless.

So, thank you and goodbye,
please send me a li'l somethin' just so I know what you are all up too.
Sadly, or just nicely, I really am wondering.

Astrid x

*according to author in various posts, see archives of sinister