Sinister: on the radio

stacey dahling dahling007 at xxx.com
Thu Jun 17 22:47:30 BST 2004

I tend not to listen to the radio anymore... why bother eh? ...but while
driving home from a painfully late community council meeting (at which they
debated curbside rubbish collection for 45 minutes and the placement of the
town flag for at least 20 more) I popped on Radio One and who knew they had
a Scottish indie show on Thursday nights eh? Well, probably everyone but me,
but that's besides the point. They have a B&S competition going on just now,
and will be featuring highlights from this past weekend's botanic gardens
gig on next week's show. So there you go. Don't tell me I don't do anything
for y'all. I'll even provide you with a handy link. Check it out if you want
a set of books to wrap yourself in - hand selected by the stumeister
himself.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/alt/scotland/

Yup. I was at the botanics gig. I bet loads of sinisterenes were, I just
couldn't be arsed to search them out, as it was PACKED. What an odd crowd
too eh? The highlight of the day had to be getting chatted up by a
41-year-old Ned who wanted to know more about this great band called Belle
and Sebastian. He stunk of beer and was a bit scary but ended up being
surprisingly sweet and harmless.
"I bought their first album, what's it called, Boy with the Arab Strap? The
green one? You know? Well, I like it and all and tell me more. Are they
good? I mean, I think they're good but I notice you've been singing along so
you must know about them right?"
Aww. Bless.
Afterwards, we (me and my crew, not me and scary old Ned) - and about half
of the Bowlie kids too it seems - swung by the Woodside for more great
sounds, and sweaty dancing. Very sweaty. Ick.
I made a new friend there too, the most adorable Japanese boy whose name I
can't remember and couldn't spell even if I did. I've been seeing him at
loads of gigs around town and finally introduced myself. And we danced.
Awww. I bet he's on here. Hello there sweetie.
Did any of you go to the official aftershow thing? Do tell about it. I'm
curious.

That's about all I have to report, really. I'm back up in the middle of
nowhere north-east Scotland, twiddling my thumbs and watching too much TV
and biding my time until my next foray down south... and SLOVENIA! Woo!
Holiday!
Gosh I'm dull. Hope y'all are better. And apologies for being incommunicado
fo so long. I wish I could say it's because I've been too busy but we all
know that's not true. I'm just lazy. And bored. Someone tell me a story.

*hugs and cuddles and peanut butter*
dahling