Sinister: Stop, look and listen. Cross the line quickly, closing the gates behind you

Caitlin wpsalt at xxx.com
Sun Mar 7 17:51:54 GMT 2004

Like Jay, I was intrigued by the I'm A Cuckoo single.
Just what are Henderson and Doyle up to nowadays?  By
their names, you'd expect them to have founded a TV
detective agency on the west side of Glasgow; but
presumably Taggart has that market all buttoned up.
Even though he's dead.  I was also puzzled by the
photos of Stevie and Mick.  "At the Usher Hall" it
says, but *which* gig?  2002 or 2003?  Enquiring minds
want to know.  You know.

I have to say, though, I do like Stop, Look and
Listen, even if is a bit of a musical cut-and-shut:
the front half of a Simon & Garkfunkel song welded
onto the back-end of something by the Shadows.  When
the second half kicked in, I thought: "Ah! I know
this!"  Later, I realised it had been the opening
track at the Usher Hall gig.  2003, before you ask.
Having said that, I also like The Avalanches; so what
do I know?

Walking around Edinburgh the other day, I spotted
someone wearing the same badge as me.  The Glasgow
Underground one.  If I'd realised sooner I'd have
waggled my eyebrows in a "look, we're wearing the same
badge" type of way.  Sadly, I didn't.  There was a
rumour (I think I read it on Sinister, so it's
PROBABLY TRUE) that the girl who gets up on stage to
TBWTAS on Fans Only is also wandering around in
Edinburgh at the moment.  My friend Brian (who is a
goth) occasionally does favours for the local Indie
Society, and says they have a member who might be her.
 Wow, I'm connected to celebrity.  I fainted when he
told me.  Honest.

Talking of goths, at my local pub quiz I asked if we
could have a B&S question, please sir, only this once.
 The next week, it got to the final round.  We were
behind, but might just win.  The air was tense.  The
quizmaster said...

"Looper..."

"Belle and Sebastian!" I whispered to my team-mates.
And I was right, of course.  And we won.  Free beer.
Hurrah!  To be fair, the quiz bloke had told everybody
beforehand that there would be a B&S question
somewhere in the quiz's murky depths.

I am a tad suspicious of my pub quiz quizmaster.  He
said something on his Livejournal, which makes me
think he is into BDSM.  I want to join in, but I don't
know how to broach the subject.  My local pub is a
goth pub, which makes it rather harder, because it
means that all the regulars look like they enjoy dark,
perverted pleasures when in reality they'd run and
hide at just the sight of a whip.

(all the cool kids have Livejournals now, you know.
Trouble is, so do the uncool ones.  The cool kids are
greatly outnumbered, but I hear they're planning to
fight back.)

An awful lot of people out there want to question The
Boy Murdoch's sexuality.  And they all seem to come to
my website to do it.  Literally ... um ... *fives* of
people reach my website by searching for stuff like
"Stuart Murdoch gay", "is Stuart Murdoch gay", "who is
stuart murdoch's girlfriend" and so on.  There's even
the occasional "mick cooke gay", too.  I'm sure he
isn't.  Or they're not.  Or something.

The last time I saw Doyle, he was wandering a
nightclub clutching something that looked rather like
an insertable sex toy.  But he isn't into BDSM either,
dammit!  See how confusing the whole thing is.

I have to go now.  I can hear people having a
conversation, and there hasn't been any innuendo in it
for *minutes*

taraa lovelies,
caitlin
(with a small c.  aheheh.)