Sinister: Stevie J, Damien R, Struan M, Josh R and other nice men.

a.s.t.r.i.d at xxx.com a.s.t.r.i.d at xxx.com
Mon Mar 8 10:07:44 GMT 2004

Hey gorgeous...s... how do you write gorgeous in plural? Ok. Anyways.

Hello.

I am in school right now. I just had 1,5 h of French, at level 4, which means
that they talk a lot of French and all laugh about crazy grammatic faults once in
a while, and I sit there thinking about Things I'd Rather Do. Today was ok,
though.

  I've got a fecking awful cold, I feel so miserable. I was fine til yesterday,
but then hell broke loose. Or, er, well, I got the sniffles. Haha. I feel so
sorry for myself, haha. Ah, what a saddo I am. but what the hell. I'm hungry
because I didn't have time for breakfast. I can't go to the B&S show in Stockholm
(three months too young) and, er, well... ok. Dissing my life was boring.

  Good things is that I'm going to Miami in less than a month now, yay!! We're
going to stay with my dad's girlfriend's sister and her husband. They are all
quite mad, apparently. And the husband's old mum just died, ah, very sad.
  They do have dogs, though, and one of them are having puppies, yay number two!!
It'll be nice to really GO someplace, though, the only trips I've done since,
erm, 1996 when I was ten (yes, imagine that sinister people, i was at the tender
age of NINE in Struan's magical year that was 1995!) has been to visit my sister
in England, and those have not been holidays like this one. So I'm looking
forward to it, although I'm pretty skint. I've got $84.64 or something in my
Miami Savings Can.
   Speaking of that, Savings cans etc, all my friends have had their own accounts
since they were maybe 13 or 14... am I the only person in this world to keep my
money in
a)My Red Plastic Shiny Hello Kitty Wallet
b) My piggybank which I can't throw away because he looks so sad, and I am
sentimental beyond words, hence my drawers full of porcelain kitties etc.
c) My Miami Savings Can

instead of having lots of plastic cards? My coolest cards are probably my library
cards. Yay..?

  On Friday, I went to the youth club to see lots of crappy bands with
14-year-old-boys thinking they rawk. None of the bands were great, but some were
ok, at least. At least, I almost got picked up by this very cute guy. Um, not a
fourteen year old, more a 20 year old. He came out of the rehearsal room once in
a while, then looked around the room until he saw me, stared at me, then looked
away, then came and stood next to me and didn't say a word. i didn't know what to
say, and by the time this had happened four or five times I was plucking up the
courage, but then he disappeared and never came back. Later, Richard, who is my
favourite indierock 25-year-old in the world I think and works there, told me
that they had come back and were a wee bit drunk. It was a drug free event, bla
bla bla. So they couldn't play, and my semi-attractive prince was lost forever.
Damn.
  Kat will start to rehearse there next Saturday. Our own key and everything. now
THAT'S responsibility! Richard attacked me with a "YOU'RE MY IDOL!" when I came
to visit him and talk about some records I'd loaned from him. He had played Hit
it, Raoul! four times before he went to sleep the previous night, and had played
it at the youth club all day, and someone had done a remix of it. it wasn't us
with a phat beat, but us with more bass, or something. i don't know. Pretty cool,
though.

  Tonight, I'm going to a fashion show. My first. Probably my only, as well. This
indie shop with hip designer clothes are having their spring collection shown at
this big venue in Stockholm, and I was invited by mail, even. Proper mail, not
e-mail. It felt nice. I felt important. How sad I am.

  By the way. I love B&S. I forget just how much, sometimes, but still, they
manage to amaze me. I had only brought with me IWUTS with me when I was on my way
to the bus, but as I hurried down the stairs in my building, and heard Struan's
lovely voice I had to turn around and run back and get DCW, because I knew I'd
want to listen to them. Ah. How great they are. That reminds me, I haven't
developed the film which contains a photo of me and Stevie, when I met him and
Sarah in October. He told me he made his best boyband smile, so it's bound to be
a success.
   Also on that film, is me and Amanda in various states that day. Not states as
in states in the US or something, but more like "tired in the afternoon on the
bus on the way to my house" and "post-B&S-meeting and happy sitting in front of
this stupid club we're too young to get into, pointing fuck you to it and all its
hip kids going there" photos.

Oh and I went to see Damien Rice and Josh Ritter on Sunday, February 29th. I met
Damien before the show, when he signed my copy of O and made a drawing of a girl
who was cold and wrote "Astrid - fresh cold air" and signed. We saw Josh Ritter
then but didn't dare talk to him. The show was amazing, and cool because he
played cold water and eskimo friend as one long song, in complete darkness and
then when they started really SINGING in Eskimo Friend, in the end, the lights
came on and it was so pretty i wanted to cry. We were seated on the fifth row so
we were really happy, ah Damien. And Josh was great too, what a nice guy. After
the show, most people had left and me and Amanda were standing in the lobby just
talking a bit, Josh came out, and so we started talking to him. He was probably
one of the nicest people I've ever met, a real gentleman. He immediately decided
that me and Amanda ARE going to get in on the 18-yrs-of-age-show he's playing at
the end of May. Nice. Plus he wrote "Astrid, you're the star of the North Sea,
love Josh Ritter" and said he really loved my name. But then, just as I'm taking
my polaroid photo with him for my photo wall at home, I hear the familiar intro
of Delicate, one of Damien's songs. And yes, he's come out to play that song, on
acoustic guitar for the people who were still there. Absolutely amazing. I got a
lovely polaroid of him standing there playing, he doesn't even make a stupid
singing face, as most concert pics contain. Lovely, lovely, lovely. And then when
I went to say hi, thanks and all, he recognized me and we took a picture
together. I was going for the cool, relaxed face, but when he tilted his head so
his head was leaning on mine, sort of, and he put his arm around me, i once more
made the THIS IS THE HAPPIEST MOMENT OF MY LIFE-smile. Oh well. I have to scan it
all up for Kat's website, along with the Adam Green photo.

Oh yes, the site is up now: www.geocities.com/yelp_of_pain

Go visit.

Now, I shalt leave, and bloweth my nose.

Love and THIS IS THE HAPPIEST MOMENT OF MY LIFE-smiles
Astrid x

Who would you rather be - Ted Danson or Kevin Costner?

Fab: Who the fuck is Ted Dancer?

Ted Danson.

Fab: Oh, Danson.

Nick: I think Ted Danson wears a toupee.
For up-to-the-minute music news, reviews and specials visit
http://www.nme.com

Get free e-mail (anyname at nme.com) now at http://www.nmemail.com

The sender of this e-mail is NOT an employee or associate of NME,
nme.com or any other IPC magazine.