No subject

Gillian Kirby the_sad_witch at xxx.com
Mon Mar 8 22:37:41 GMT 2004

> hi there sinistah...
>
> I;'ver meant to check in ewioth you for a while now,
but to be honest
my job is so dull that by the time i finish then
dendure the commute
home with twop heavy smokers that leaves me feeling
like a beagle...i
just have nothing to say. (Maybe that's why I don't
get any interesting
email these days ?! Just gush-porn and nigerians...)
And you're all so
wonderfully indie-cool that I feel positively
tracksuit-clad by
comparison. However, if I have one more conversation
about corrie I may well go
mad, so in an effort to stimulate myself and my inbox,
I will praise
fulsomely some things that I like that nobody else int
eh world seems
to....

> *Breaking Away*
> I never believe anyone who says their favourite film
is Citizen
Kane...when ever I hear it I can't help wondering if
it's really Tango and
Cash but they feel the need to be 'cultured'. However,
I'm not one to
talk as my favourite film is really quite obscure, and
indeed my copy is
taped off a showing on BBC 2 sometime in summer 2001
sometime after
midnight. Anyhow, if you manage to track this down
anywhere send it to me
and I'll love you forever, but first watch it to see
just how wonderful
a film about bicycle racing and then again nothing
much is fabulous.
(It reminds me about Gregory's Girl...a film that's
osensibly about a boy
fancying the girl in the football team, but I think
it's really about
obsessions with the best, smallest things in life..)

> *Go-Betweens*
> I met an Aussie just before Xmas and quite scared
him by
enthusiastically asking 'Have you heard of the
Go-Betweens?????' He hadn't. Bah.

> *St Swithins' Day by Grant Morrison*
> A young boy, who dances only to There She Goes by
the Las, feels a
sense of disenchantment with his life and so decides
to go and kill
Margaret Thatcher. Which begs one question-is it
really so wrong to get a
crush on a drawing?

> *Old American Sitcoms*
> I'm sure sitcoms should be theraputic...there's a
moral in there
somewhere all the time, and the characters become your
best friends if you
let them. If I ever have children I want them to be
just like the ones
in Kate and Allie, or they're being sent back to the
hospital.

> *a decent cup of tea*
> I will not touch the 'beverages' in the hot drinks
machine at work..

> *the fourth floor of Manchester Central Library*
> Not only can you get Spanish editions of Mrs
Doutfire here, but you
canalso gaze upon geeky lit-boys while spending
lunchtimes in comfort
reading Simon Armitage anthologies. Hurrah!

> *Prefab Sprout's Steve McQueen album*
> My friend Kate tells me I was born in the wrong
decade. Well, perhaps
she's right (hey, who listens to Lloyd Cole in 2004?)
but this album is
fantastic. And all the kidz are down wit XTC these
days.

> *Jeremy Vine*
> Anyone who plays The Fall's 'Leave The Capitol'
during daytime Radio
2 has to be cool.

> Anyhow, hope my waxing hasn't interrupted your day
too much.

> -Gillian

=====
'i have a tendency to say hey do you remember that moment we shared in 1988,that was great, hey! 1988 was great'-milky wimpshake, yeah, it's true