Sinister: Songs for the more mature radio listener

Caitlin wpsalt at xxx.com
Wed Mar 10 11:31:10 GMT 2004

Bloody hell, me again.

When I posted at the weekend, there was something else
I meant to mention that was actually ON TOPIC and
everything.  And I forgot about it.  So I'm posting
*again*.  So there.

The other week, a text message came in from The
Parents.  This is, generally, a Bad Sign.  The Parents
aren't very good at sending text messages - they have
trouble seeing which button is which - so normally, a
message from them is Important Serious News.

But anyway.  It said: "belle and seb on Radio 2 after
6pm love mum and dad"  Wow, I thought.  My parents are
texting me just to tell me that B&S are going to be on
the radio.

So, I listened in, and it was interesting.  I've not
seen *any* mention of it at all on Sinister, though
(maybe I just haven't been paying attention), which is
why I'm posting about it.  It was on the Stuart
Maconie show, with only four of the band there
(Stuart, Stevie, Sarah and Bob).  They performed Step
Into My Office, Baby, followed by Get Me Away From
Here, I'm Dying.  I was v. pleased about the second,
because a) it's one of my favourite songs b) they
hardly ever play it.  I love it so much, I want it
played at my funeral.  But anyway.

I was only half-listening to the chatter and spiel,
because I was cooking my tea at the time and wandering
from room to room.  One thing, though intrigued me.

Does anyone remember, years and years ago, back in the
80s, there was a very annoying, odd-looking little boy
who would go on chat shows like Wogan and demonstrate
a disgusting depth of knowledge about antiques?  He
had a rather bouffant blonde afro, which sticks in my
memory much more than his name does.  Since then he
has become a she, and still gets on telly
occasionally, although I still can't remember her
name.  Well, anyway, according to Mr Maconie this
woman has been reported as saying that she thinks
there's one B&S song that was written *about her*.
Only, because I wasn't really listening and was trying
to cook my tea, I didn't hear which one it was.  Bah.

So.  Does anyone,  anywhere, have *any* idea what I'm
talking about? Or have I stick wrong end the of got?
Tree wrong up barking?  This train stops at all
stations to Upminster, in fact.

taraa sexy,
caitlin

--