Sinister: we always find something, eh Didi, to give us the impression that we exist?

nikos r tshirtsandscarfs at xxx.com
Wed Mar 17 10:40:31 GMT 2004

"Belle et Sebastian a Paris"
Belated reporting back from the Paris gig.
Due to lack of organization skills I only managed to meet-up
with only one fellow sinister before the gig. (Sorry Katrina
but my mobile phone's battery was dead...)
I've met with Olivier aka strawberry boy who got a few
strange looks while waiting in the queue because of his
resemblance with a certain mr stuart.

Franz Ferdinard who were in support didn't show up
because (i think) their singer had been ill. Instead there
was a french guy singing... I wasn't exactly thrilled by his
performance...

B&S showed up with the usual line up. There is this girl now
who is replacing Isobel on the cello. I don't remember if she was
also in the London gigs in December... Can anyone help?
They were really into a partying mood! They even did a small
theatrical sketch during Dear Catastrophe Waitress, with the
girl on the album cover participating!!! That was quite funny,
her running on the stage with her "stressee, moi?" t-shirt,
serving drinks to stuart and messing everything up...
They also did 2 encores (first time this ever happens according
to stuart) but they were a song each :(

"Quiet is the new Loud"
I bought this music magazine (x-ray feb/march issue) a while back.
Accustomed to read magazines in the bathroom, an article under
the 'what not to buy' section of the magazine caught my eye during
a late night visit to the toilet. it said
    "you'll really need this Belle and Sebastian Hearing Aid (tm)
     when you go to see one of the scots funsters' shows and
     wonder just how so many people can make so little
     noise".
Indeed, the toilet is the appropriate place for this mag.

"get out of the office and into the spring time"
Spring has finally reached london town! (well at least yesterday)

hasta luego!

nikos