Sinister: i do like to be beside the seaside

Rachel Playforth R.Playforth at xxx.uk
Mon Mar 22 13:59:17 GMT 2004

Hello kittens.

I've been on holiday, although due to critical fundlessness, this entailed
sitting in my parents' house while they went to Scotland for a week. I did
manage to go for one nice long walk, but the rest of time I was strangely
put off by the gale force winds, hailstorms, and towering waves crashing
over the garden wall...

I did get a bus to Eastbourne on Friday though, and let me tell you, you
have not experienced seediness until you've sat in a deserted Curzon cinema
in Eastbourne on a Friday afternoon. The concept of carpet hadn't reached
them, let alone comfortable seats. I also played pool on the pier (again no
carpet) but can report back that Brighton is a rather more congenial venue
for such activities.

Speaking of which, the sparkling Miss Robyn jogged my memory about the
proposed Brighton picnic in April. And yes, indeed, it is going ahead with
all water pistols blazing: