Sinister: fire trucks

Vilkas D'Angelo-Horvath loulouhex at xxx.com
Sat Mar 27 06:12:13 GMT 2004

skirting disaster
____________

after waking up at 7:30 to call in to see if i've got work today...i don't
so i go back to sleep. so, i'm asleep and am awakened by fire trucks around
noon.  fair enough, it's time to get up anyway. the sirens are normal, i
live three blocks away from the fire station, i pay no mind. so i'm chilling
in my apartment, trying to be productive, and what i don't know is
apparently 18 buildings are on fire 5 blocks away.

i hate to reference fox news, but they've got pictures:

ohhh shiiiit. i even went out when the flames were in effect. large chunks
of shit on fire apparently coasted 5 blocks the other way onto I-95.

mmm, skirting disaster, yummmmmy.

speaking of skirting disaster, the first (and last) time i visited the world
trade center, was the week before shit went down. i also flew the week
before on the same flight that got hijacked. same flight, previous week.
fuck that. makes me want to not leave the house. or carry an anvil proof
umbrella.

i't not like i'm living in a war zone or anything. or under a fascist
dictator's rule, well, bush is questionable. but i *hate* fire. when i was a
young'un, we had wood heat in a 200 year old house, which had, funnily
enough, 200 year old chimneys. there were chimney fires. i slept through
them, and then woke up on the lawn with my house on fire. fuuuuuuuuuuck.

the world is a mixtape:
__________________

the other day, i'm sitting at my computer, applying for many, many jobs. I'm
listening to midnite vultures and peaches and cream is the song that's on.
it's like 50 degrees and sunny outside, so the
windows open. there's the horn buildup in peaches and cream,
the whooooooooooooooo crazy freakout part. i live 3 blocks away from the
fire station, and
just during this part a fire truck rolls by, sirens wailing; joining in with
the horns, effectively
remixing the song. awesome.

luv, vilkas willie