Sinister: Obscure compilation CDs, love and rain.

Astrid Wiezell dearpaperclip at xxx.com
Mon May 3 13:23:11 BST 2004

Dear Sinister (oh look, formal!)

How are you all? I am very happy and content right now, since I guess I've
gotten myself, well... a boyfriend! ME! I know. And it's not like I hide my
sicko sense of humour, my pervy jokes or my inexplicable need for taking in
chocolate of some form every day. It's just nice, and we kiss and have fun
and he's probably like the best person in the world. Mmm. LOVELY, and
everyone likes him, which is always nice because it's hard when you hang out
together with your friends and they don't like him, but they DO. Yay!

Enough about that, though, because I'm sure it's the least interesting thing
to read about. I recieved a CD last Monday, yes a week ago, from our old
Sinisterbite Tom, a.k.a. corduroy boy, yay! It was nice, I had hardly heard
any of the bands which is nice because you're bound to at least like
something. it had lots of great stuff on it, like bearsuit, franz ferdinand
(that i of course had heard before), joy zippers and tons of stuff i can't
remember. oh yes, someone called half man half biscuit, but i was warned
that it might be too english for me. I think not!

I like The Streets by the way, Mike Skinner seems very nice. Plus he's got
this really cool bracelet, silver and it's... oh what's it called, like the
crap Pamela Anderson movie, er, oh yes! Barbed wire!
I got Original Pirate Material when it came out and I still love it!

I am waiting for my history class to begin, i am sure it will not be very
much fun since i'm not really a fan of having history. It starts in 30
minutes.

I have ice cream at home, and right now all i want to do is to go home and
eat it, now, now, NOW!!

Sorry. It's just who I am. Love it or leave it.

Kat have updated the website a bit, still no photos and the worst design
ever since there isn't any, but if you still want to take a peek:

www.katsite.tk

Should work, but if not, go via the unfancy address:
www.geocities.com/yelp_of_pain and PLEASE write in the guestbook! It is
empty beyond words.

I don't know why, but myself and Amanda, the nowadays blonde since her toni
& guy hair fashion show (she got an offer of modelling when we were out
walking about in Stockholm) are getting really nostalgic about Miami, we
just want to go back! It was hellacious some days, especially since the
evenings were so hot we thought we'd die, but we want to go to New York now,
and live our lives. Stockholm sucks, it is boring and horrible, except
sometimes, like when i think about me and said boyfriend. because he plays
in a band and he is really active with playing and they know other bands in
stockholm, and we met one guy whilst out on town who was really nice (not a
trademark for Swedes) and cool (he could've been in the strokes!) and who
was a one man band. it made me feel like it's ok to do stuff the
nonconventional way.

You see people, there are a lot of crap bands consisting of about 4 - 5
teenage boys, who always give you that bemused look when you say you only
play your music with a guitar and two voices, it's that "Oh, I thought you
meant a BAND!" look. Just because I don't play shite evanescence-alike
music. Sod off.

Also my project work for my three year, which we will be getting as much
time for as if we had that subject for a whole year, has to be done with
other people! Other people?! What happened to individuality? I hate working
with others (sorry supposed team spirit). I have to get my way with these
things, especially something as big as this! I am going to make some sort of
weirdo music project where i'll probably record a little something and maybe
put up a show in school with those songs. But i might get one of my best
friends Sanna to do that with me, and that feels better.

My fingers are starting to hurt, I better end.

Oh. And by the way. I showed my B&S tape with videos for The Boy last night,
he thought most videos were nice, although i must admit i'm giving him a
hard time for liking Isobel. Haha. Thanks Paul Arathoon for giving that tape
to me, it was probably the nicest thing anyone ever did for me!

Take care people, and still:
I like getting e-mails.

Hear from you soon, hopefully,
love