Sinister: remember you're a womble

Dirty Vicar dirtyvicar at xxx.net
Mon May 3 21:47:04 BST 2004

hello readers,

I am writing to you from Dublin City Ireland, where we have been hosting
some get together of important European fellows and welcoming our new
friends from the East into our happy Euro-family. As part of this I went to
a fair where some Portuguese fellow gave me a little bit of white port and
some Irish guy who was working for the Cypriots gave me some sherry-like
concoction. It was most enjoyable.

I also caught some musical performances by people from around Europe. The
best were some group of lovely ladies who are basically the Slavic world's
answer to the Corrs. I think they will prove to be a great success, as they
have all the elements that make people like the Corrs (lovely ladies,
elements of folky music) only the lovely ladies are even more lovely &
revealingly dressed than the Corr-women, and they jiggle around a lot more.
Furthermore, the music seems like it is truer to the real spirit of folk
music than the Corrs' pop-folk stylings. These all conquering sensations
have great things ahead of them, but sadly I cannot recommend their name to
you as I didn't catch it.

I am excited about the way B&S are having a free concert in Glasgow on the
very weekend I was going there for a meetup of another internet forum. This
is an excellent development and one to be encouraged. I will look forward to
seeing some of you there.

meanwhile... didn't someone (Ian Watson?) bemoan the lack of ATP reporting
back. Maybe no one went - apart from me. I was very impressed by the bands I
expected to be impressed by: Sonic Youth, Le Tigre, & ESG. I realised that I
had forgotten how good Bardo Pond and Tindersticks are. Vincent Gallo was a
bit disappointing. Fursaxa seems to be endearingly artistic and destined for
great things. That's about it really. Oh, except that the Chris Geddes DJ
slot was surprisingly rub, especially when compared to the set that came
before it.

eh... that's it for now,

hang loose,

DV