Sinister: After 4 years, it's prob'ly a bit different.

Kim Girton kg11053 at xxx.com
Tue May 4 16:33:18 BST 2004

Holy Crap, it's the Sinister List, and here I am *not*
lurking. Hell must be enjoying a nice cold spell...
Actually, there is a reason I post and that is to say
this: I need your help (in the form of advice, not
anything you'd miss once given away).

The last time I was in the UK was four earthly
rotations ago, and by the grace of Whoever Oversees
World Travel Opportunities, I get to go back!  In just
over a week, I will be on my way back to London,
Edinburgh and Dublin. That wasn't a chronological
list, but the story still applies.

THE NEXT FEW DAYS I'M FREE
AND THERE'S A TRAIN I WANT TO CATCH
I'm so excited! The problem is... I'm not exactly sure
what I'm excited about, specifically. I'm going into
this trip having not really planned at all, because
planning things too much can be dangerous and then
vacation might be not so much a vacation as a
pseudo-business trip. And what I DON'T need is a
pseudo-business trip.

So my question is obvious, of course: *can you please
tell me what I have to see while I'm there?*  I have
approximately three days in each city, and even though
I'm escorting my mother and meeting up with my father
who is there on business, I will be on my own for most
afternoons and the nightlife, which I've never seen in
any of the three cities, so I'm open to all
suggestions.

London: I've already done Covent Gardens, Carnaby
Street (which I've heard lately is going downhill --
your opinions on the subject are welcomed), and the
usual touristy things like the Globe and Abbey Road.
I've already been told that I have to see the British
Museum, so what else should I definitely see in
London?

Dublin and Edinburgh: I've never been to either and
don't even know where to start; not even with the
touristy crap. These two couldn't be MORE open for
suggestions.

So any and all ideas would be GREATLY appreciated! You
can email kg11053 at yahoo.com, and since my junkmail
filter is on, just put something B&S-related in the
subject line so I don't accidentally delete you...

Thanks for your help in advance! And for reciprocity's
sake, if anyone is ever headed to the Washington DC
area, I can let you know where/when to go where the
insane number of other tourists WON'T be swarming and
therefore piss you off, and I'll even invite you along
on my weekly walk past the White House (on my way to
weekend soccer games), where I've discovered you're
allowed to throw up the finger in His Fraudulency's
general direction, but you're just not allowed to SAY
anything rude without getting cross looks from
security...

Thanks all,
Kim