Sinister: at the round earth's imagined corners.....

Jonathan Skinner staralful at xxx.com
Tue May 4 18:58:21 BST 2004

my dear dear sinister
 shall i compare thee to a virtual Byzantium. um no. SO anywaay how is
everyone? i for one am not well, i have a cold my head is all stuffed up and
 i can't think straight- this is doing wonders for my uni exams at the
 moment, sat the first of two english papers today but then i have a week
 until my next set of exams which is means my head should be clearer by
then.
 Damn it belle and sebastian playing glasgow and .01 cent flights from
Dublin
 on the exact same day that i have organised my Parents 25th wedding
 anniversary party, why oh why belle and sebastian did you not organise this
 about 26 years ago so that i would have known to throw the party a week
 earlier/later or on their actual wedding day.
 nice to see political discussion taking place on here and although this
 makes light of the discussion , remember when the simpsons go to china town
 and Tibet town is inside a barbed wire fence and the tibetens being beaten
 up.    anyway i digress
 have seen some great bands here recently, calexico two weeks ago , who
 through various circumstances i met , then there was rodrigo y gabriella (i
 think in gabriella i have found the woman i want to have my children with ,
 which caught me off guard considering i don't particulary want children)
but
 for her i'm willing if she is, but unfortunatly i think rodrigo has that
 angle covered. If they do come your way though , do go see them , fantasic
 guitar duo , mexican but based in Dublin the closest type of music i
suppose
 is flamenco but it isn't really, there is elements of jazz , tango  , and
 soul and during one particular solo rodrigo broke into the bassline of 7
 nation army. the same night we were treated to a metallica cover as well.
 she uses her guitar more as precussion than a stringed instrument- *sigh*
 on the organised day of fun ie, "day of welcomes" on saturday saw a great
 little cork band called fred. they are corks closest thing to hipsters and
 are very very good. actually the whole european festival thing they had
 going on was great. In the english market ( food market with fresh fish and
 olives and breads etc) they had an international foodfair with the emphasis
 on slovakian dishes. One bar in town was giving free guinness to locals who
 could name all 25 countries and foreigners who could ask for a beer in
 irish- they had a helpful sign up which i thought was quite considerate of
 them and obviously profit margins were quite good.
 right i need someone to change the channel and pat my head
 godspeed one and all
 jonathan