Sinister: PATRICK MOOR;ES TELESCOPE

robin stout stoutrobin at xxx.com
Wed May 5 17:28:22 BST 2004

Dear Sinister:

Sorry for being out of touch for so long. Among other things, apart from
being a lazy bum, someone broke my hand when I was trying to touch their
knees, and my hand went all inflated like a marigold glove, and about as
much use. It didn't help when, feeling a bit better, I used my rubber hand
to open a door and it sort of slid off said door and got squashed in it,
making the situation somewhat worse. Ah well, mustn't grumble.

ATP was rather good. I met IAN THE DIRTY VICAR and RENER and NAL and DANKE,
too, who looks like that bloke off top BBC "sitcom" My Family.

Belle and Sebastian are playing Glasto! How about that? I'm going to Glasto
too, blinkin eck, ARE YOU? I know some of you are.. Is the siniglasto
mailing list still around? I think it's time for a revival.

Good to hear they're releasing their Cliff cover as the next single, too.
Along with two new traxx - Your Cover's Blown and Your Secrets. The second
of these they played on the radio and it's rather splendid. The first sounds
quite good from Stuart's description of it here, too:
http://www.belleandsebastian.co.uk/home/ , and if you're not that bothered
about buying the single you should still click on that link if only for the
picture of the lovely girly.

I was walking down the street the other day, on the way to the bus stop, and
I saw Mick Cooke. Well, it looked like him, anyway. He was walking past a
massive poster hung over a shop, which says, in six foot high letters:
"WALE'S BIGGEST COMPUTER SUPERSTORE". Well, indeed. It's almost as bad as
that advert for PATRICK MOOR;ES TELESCOPE i saw once.

They'll have to make sure they keep things like that out of shot when they
start filming Doctor Who here. I read somewhere that one of the episodes is
going to be about the Daleks attacking London. I hope they film that one in
Cardiff too, but from funny angles to pretend it was London towne. They'll
have a tough job: I think we've only got one building over three storeys
high. I'm going to try to get a job as an extra, too. OH HEAVENS ABOVE! THE
DALEKS ARE COMING TO TAKE OVER WALES, um, i mean, THE WORLD!!! I reckon they
can't refuse me with acting like that.

bye then

Robin