Sinister: Fw: Lost and found, and lost again - Elliott Smith (+Nick Drake stuff this saturday)

jim taylor purpletrousers at xxx.com
Wed May 19 01:17:20 BST 2004

I couldn't find Ian's E.S. obituary  [forwarded at the bottom] in the
archive, so I'm not sure if it ever got through last December?

I wanted to read it again, having thought of Elliott Smith a bit recently,
and thankfully found it in an old sent mail folder.
His name keeps appearing in my inbox re: this London tribute to which I
don't have time to contribute in the organising... there is a fund to donate
to though:

The Elliott Smith Memorial Fund  - financial support for children who are
victims of abuse.  http://www.sweetadeline.net/esmf.html

888888888888888888

Since people seem to be interested: more Nick Drake stuff :

This Saturday the BBC are really going for it-

For those I guess mainly in the UK/able to get the digital TV channel BBC4,
a film I've missed at various screenings and festivals for a few years now:

NICK DRAKE: A SKIN TOO FEW
Saturday 22 May 2004 10.55pm-11.45pm BBC 4
http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/music/features/nick-drake.shtml

and on the radio + thus available to all online I presume (SEE I DON'T JUST
THINK OF THINGS LONDON + UK :)

21:00-2200
Lost Boy: In Search of Nick Drake
(presented by Brad Pitt!)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/r2music/documentaries/nickdrake/nickdrake_about.
shtml

So erm, set the videos, tape recorders. In fact if you have a DVDR and
happen to be not using it and like doing random acts of kindness?

Ok, maybe that *is* abusing the list...

I probably shouldn't bore you with the fact there is a nick drake single out
(yesterday) and album (next monday) worth getting of different stuff and one
brand 'new' track.

Jim x

Ian's words on Elliott Smith follow, and deserve to be archived somewhere
*I* think. I hope you don't disagree... (see below)