Sinister: FW: Calling London

robin stout stoutrobin at xxx.com
Thu May 20 10:28:35 BST 2004

Hallo sinipops,

It's leafy and green round here, and the flowers have unfurled and tickle my
nose in the morning. This particular morning, as I ate breakfast, I found a
pink pigeon perched on the apple tree outside my window. He looked
exhausted. His feathers were in disarray and his moustache was drooping. I
put down the Racing Post and invited him in for a cup of coffee (tea is
still too much to bear), and he told me his story.

He had flown all the way from Sweden, he said - yes, Sweden! "Well, your
English is excellent", I said. "Oh, it's only pigeon English", said he. And,
as his moustache began to perk up he told me he had a letter for all of you.
"From Simon", he said, "You may remember him, and you should pay attention
to what he says. He's a very important person. I've flown a long way for
him, and I'd do it again."

He dropped the leter on the table, and with a quick tip on Brassy Lad in the
3.30 at Chepstow he hopped, skipped and flew out of the window.