Sinister: Shameless promotion, Sweden and, well, love.

Astrid Wiezell dearpaperclip at xxx.com
Fri May 21 23:39:26 BST 2004

Hey Sinister,

Hope you're all doing ok. Wrote a longer post before, which I was actually
quite content with, until I pushed unknown button and IT ALL DISAPPEARED.
Argh. Makes me a wee bit tired. Anyways.

Am with boyfriend Mats in his hometown of Falun, which is three hours by
train from Stockholm. His band High Heels is a great acoustic pop band,
often leaning towards the melancholy side, and they are really a nice band -
i've come up here to watch them play tomorrow on a one-day-festival. In any
case, their website is: www.high-heels.xix.nu and you should all go there
and download the song "We'll stay the same forever" off the demo with the
same name. They sing in harmonies and have the cello and piano and sometimes
trumpet, and acoustic guitar and bass and stuff and they RAWK! so, go there
and download them.

Kat, well, we are going to be on a compilation cd for a swedish website
(www.blandband.nu) (translation = www.mixtape.nu), a Swedish nerdo site for
music geeks, and there are so many people in bands there that it was decided
to compile a cd with some of them. And so, we are going to be on it. And
we're trying to record the wee lo-fi demo, it is going quite well, and now i
will get the instruction book and it might go even better, ha ha. I have no
technical skills what so ever.

A lot of people coming to Sweden it seems, well, ok, only Ian and Olivier,
but still. Anyone else?

Also: Richard is one of the funniest people ever, and i wish he lived here
so we could sit in cafés and drink coffee (well he could - i don't) and talk
talk talk. He is one cool dude.

Now, I'm soon going to go to bed and sleep, I'm just waiting for "my man". I
have no idea to approach this people, what to call him when talking to
people, or stuff. I don't know, I just go with the flow or whatever, and
then I do say the odd thing now and again, but fuck it. He is lovely and
amazes me with his talent (makes films, very musical person, takes beautiful
pictures AND writes well, HELLO Astrid's low self-esteem, still weird pride
about him has arose in me - two quite contradicting feelings but i think i
like it)

Did you lot know Kat is a drug? I got reminded by someone, but it turned out
it was just like this African sort of tobacco or whatever that you chew, so
it's not really the most offensive thing... she said until she stood there,
waiting to get lynched by crazy right-wing people who claims i am drug
liberal and therefore MUST DIE since i am making their kids go crazy for kat
(the drug, not us).

Hmm. Don't know where that came from.

Also, me and Mats watched two good films in two nights. Yesterday we watched
The Pianist by Roman Polanski, with Adrien Brody who was really great, the
whole movie was great actually. And then today, we watched Kitchen Stories,
or Psalmer från Köket as it was called in Swedish, which was a great
Norwegian film.

Anyways just wanted to say:

*Kat's website is still: www.katsite.tk
*Having someone to hold you at night was lovelier than I ever imagined it
would be.
*DOWNLOAD HIGH HEELS! www.high-heels.xix.nu
*Richard: I will write you a long letter of reply on Monday! Don't fall
asleep grading!
*I SCORED BEST IN MY ENTIRE CLASS ON THE NATIONAL TESTS IN ENGLISH - ALL
THREE PARTS! YES! AND I'M NOT EVEN A NATIVE SPEAKER LIKE MANY PEOPLE IN MY
CLASS ARE! HAHA!

Take care,
hope to hear from many of you since I am quite positive I might actually
love you all,

Astrid x