Sinister: Cliff and Sebastian

idleberry idleberry at xxx.com
Sat May 22 16:19:01 BST 2004

</de-lurk>

Well hello my pretties

I thought I’d come out of hiding for a moment and make
a post. It feels like such a long time since my last
one. In fact, it was. About 5 months ago, or so.

You’ve not missed much from me. I split up with my
boyfriend, and I got a promotion at work, and I’ve
been drifting around that place called Bowlie, where
I’ve discovered it’s far easier to upset them than it
is to upset you. I hate to tell you kids, but you just
aren’t twee enough. Must try harder. Go outside and
flounce around in the flowers for a bit of revision.

Especially you, Mark Casarotto.

I think I had a dream about Ken Chu the other night,
although I can’t remember what happened. It might have
been worthwhile telling you about.

Can I just say:
CONGRATULATIONS TO PAUL “GINGERFOX” FIELD, WHO GOT
MARRIED (I hope?) TODAY.

AND TO THE NEW MRS FIELD.

So, I presume you’ve all read this from nme.com? it
was only a matter of time I suppose.

BELLE AND SEBASTIAN's new single will spell an
unlikely payday for CLIFF RICHARD .
The Scottish indie veterans release the AA single
'Your Cover's Blown' / 'Wrapped Up In Books' on June
21 through Rough Trade.
However, the band have owned up to 'Wrapped Up In
Books'' similarity to 'In The Country' by Cliff
Richard, and handed over 20% of the royalties from the
track.
http://www.nme.com/news/108587.htm

I think Cliff Richard should do a cover of a B&S song.
I haven’t actually thought this out properly though,
and decided on which song he should cover.

Mind you, that’ll teach them not to nick harmonies
from an artist who isn’t dead. They should have stuck
to Nick Drake.

As usual, I’ve got bugger all anything interesting to
say. Unusually, I am actually going to use this as a
stop point, rather than ramble on forever.

Love

Idles

=====