Sinister: a deductive technique involving mind-body coordination operating hand in hand with the deepest levels of intuition

David Hewitt vanillaflavoureddavid at xxx.com
Mon May 24 07:10:04 BST 2004

G'day all.

Idleberry said:

> Can I just say:
> CONGRATULATIONS TO PAUL “GINGERFOX” FIELD, WHO GOT
> MARRIED (I hope?) TODAY.
>
> AND TO THE NEW MRS FIELD.

And I'd just like to append my own congratulations to
hers. Ooh er, missus.

They did, in fact, get married, and the missus and I
were there, along with a couple of other (ex?)
listees. Except we got there a bit late, or the
ceremony started a bit early, or something, and we had
to sneak in and sit behind all the relatives and real
friends, in the 'freaky internet people' section.

Paul and Katie both looked radiant, the
priesty-looking bloke in the white frock up the front
said what I assume were all the right things, and
there was even another bloke singing and playing
guitar at the appropriate moments, who Jeremy and I
agreed was actually pretty good. We saw him driving a
heavily-bestickered Combi van away from the church
later on, while we were trying to avoid being the
unknown and underdressed smokers lurking puzzlingly in
the background of each of the photos of what was bound
to be a long-remembered day by those into whose family
albums the photos would eventually be placed.

The food at the reception was awesome, though we
couldn't stay quite as long as we would have liked.
The happy couple seemed, well, happy - at least they
were after they were able to sneak off for a cheeky
wee, having been bailed up in formalities and formal
attire for what was probably hours. The relief was
palpable, even at a distance.

Paul even forwent (is that the correct past tense?)
watching the FA Cup Final that night. How's that for
romance? Or at least I assume he did. I guess he might
have been able to catch at least a bit of the second
half. Nah, he's far too much the gentleman for that.

You know, I tried to delurk a while back, with a rant
about how rubbish 'Fans Only' is, and a few other bits
of gristly unpleasantness, but my emails were
rejected. This has been much more pleasant all around,
I suppose.

Oh, and I don't know dick about Tibet, but my hat's
off to Big Stu for speaking his mind. It seems like
there's only one correct or acceptable way to talk
about politics these days, and it's both boring and
frustrating.

So I don't know if Stu's right, or if there's
something to the points that have been raised in
opposition to him, but I'm just pleased that there's
scope for a relatively civil debate here. I'm also
quite happy to accept that I have too few of the facts
at my disposal to know one way or the other, but it's
nice to hear both sides of a discussion for once,
based on a bit of experience and a bit of thought,
well expressed.

Having as much information and as many perspectives as
possible is the only way that us lucky, sheltered sods
(most of us, I'm assuming) are ever really going to
know much about anything, I reckon. So hats off, Stu.
I still don't know whether I agree or not, but it's
pleasant to hear someone's actual point of view in
amongst the usual pamphleteering.

The I'm A Cuckoo single was a bit rubbish, but I'm
looking forward to the new one, and all that. A double
A-side sounds a little bit more like it. Oh, and no
more remixes, thanks.

Bulk love,
-Vanilla Flavoured David.

http://au.movies.yahoo.com