Sinister: initiating initiative

Aurora Borealis teacandlelight at xxx.uk
Tue May 25 13:34:45 BST 2004

ok, i've had enough
if someone doesn't show me how to play a bar-chord
properly in the next month i am going to remove ALL
songs containing F's, B's, C# minors and any other
variations thereof from my tab collection...certain
bands that we like, not Blaming Anyone Special, have a
tendency to positively litter their songs with these
evil little creatures...
i've had a guitar for FAR too long to be still not
sounding 3 of the 6 notes every time i step off the
safe ground of the CAGED based world...aaargghh.
and why does it get so much easier with a capo...my
arms are of a regular length, i am fairly sure....
so rants aside...
nope i think that may have been about it.
i did have an idea but i don't think it is either
orginal or worthy of mustering a large effort for but
in the interests of my own musical education i
wonder...
usually, i make blatant use of musical recommendations
from sinister mails as a means to expand my personal
music collection and i've seldom been disappointed.
this got me to thinking that it would probably be
worth asking u folks (if you fancy wasting an extra
precious few moments at work....yep, i'm definitely a
'work' user) to tag on a small collections of bands or
albums that u may profer up to a recently arrived
stranger from a music free planet...i'm fairly sure
this musical tree is a leafy one and i'm still sitting
on one of the lower, albeit darn sturdy and
life-supporting, branches.
 that and how to play bar chords, especially standing
up...
24hour sunshine to you all ;o)
politics is the new punk, good stuff.  will join in
shortly, just as soon as we join the EU....