Sinister: Bar chords et al

Geoff Sheridan geoff_sheridan at xxx.uk
Tue May 25 16:31:29 BST 2004

Hullo

**One line of politics:
I'm standing for the Green Party in the UK European/Local elections
on 10th June. Vote Green! If you live in Chadwell Heath, East London,
Vote ME!

**Bar chords (look away if you don't play guitar!):
I can't play bar chords very well on my acoustic guitar, so I use the
thumb-over-the-top method. Then you only have to bar 2 strings.
An F chord, frets:
133211
Fingering:
T43211 - the 1st finger bars the top two strings. The thumb frets the
bass note.

That's the bar chord based on the open E chord. I don't much like the
bar chord based on the open A chord, so I often use one based on the
open C chord - here's Eb:
Frets:
x65343
Fingering:
x43121 - the index finger bars the top three strings.

**Hewitt
Sorry I didn't make the anniversary / birthday bash. I was very ill
following an attempt on my life by either Gabi Roslin, Carol
Vorderman, Barry McGuigan or the beardy bloke out of the Learn Direct
advertisements.

**Safe at last
I have got engaged to my girlfriend Suzie, so the female folk of
Sinister are safe once again. That's unless Stevie Trousers
re-subscribes.

**Speaking of Trousers
I joined http://www.musicmobs.com (as 'retrocool') which takes
information from iTunes and enables you to find people with similar
taste. When I clicked 'similar users', Stevie Trousers was there, but
which skinny, foppish, pretentious indie kid came top?
None other than Nick Dastoor, whom I've never quite forgiven for
being as skinny, indie, foppish and pretentious as me. And now he's
got a matching record collection.

Geoff