Sinister: It's only time

Amy Baggott daisychain.amz at xxx.net
Tue May 25 18:42:07 BST 2004

Hello Sinister,

So, I’ve been lurking around these parts a while. I’ve not been away, I just haven’t had much to say. And that’s not to say I do have something exciting to share with you now, in case anyone was getting their hopes up unduly there. Sorry.
I just saw this little quote in the Times the other day and thought of you.

“My worst festival experience was travelling on an overnight ‘rockers’ bus from Scotland to see Deep Purple at Knebworth in 1984. I was 15. The only seat was at the back with the stinking denim-and-leather brigade. I got to sleep, bolt upright, between two heavies. I woke up with one of their tongues in my ear” – Stuart Murdoch, of Belle & Sebastian.

Eh?

Anyway, I’m not going to whinge about the fact that the free gig in Glasgow is two days before the scariest exams of my life so far and that I won’t be able to go. Because if all goes to plan, I should be seeing them at Glastonbury instead. But still. A free gig! In Glasgow! With Camera Obscura too! How cruelly fate times these things sometimes.

Ah well, at least the new single looks promising.

Maybe I’ll see some of you in Glastonbury

Bye for now,
Amy

P.S. The subject line is a truly lovely song off the new Magnetic Fields LP. Listen to it.